OT: fostering a dog?

jdr1208
on 9/15/09 6:10 am - Worcester, MA
hey guys i know this is a long shot, but anyone in the worcester area know any dog lovers who might want to foster my moms shih tzu long term? everything would be paid by my mom.
crappy situation is my mom has been in florida 12 years and was a paralegal and got laid off 2 years ago, had to move in with my brother and his beast fiance (she's evil im convinced) well needless to say they are selling their house and told my 63 year old unemployed mother to go fend for herself. so we have decided to help her move up here and in with us (we figure she can use her social security and maybe a part time job to help with rent and its free daycare for us) however she has a shih tzu she is absolutely in love with but my landlord has a STRICT no dogs policy. my mom is absolutely broken hearted at having to foster mischa out, but she was hoping she could find a long term good home for her where she could visit frequently and stuff. anyone know of anything let me know!!! thanks!!!!
jill
jdr1208
on 9/17/09 2:15 am - Worcester, MA
no one???
tauntonredsox33
on 9/17/09 6:45 am, edited 9/17/09 6:51 am - Taunton, MA
omg I sooo wish I could I love my shih tzu and would go homeless before giving him up.. I feel for her soo much.. I'll keep my ears open and see what I can come up with...

I'm in the Taunton area is tht too far??

So are you saying your mom would pay for entire care of the dog when someone else has the dog???
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
jdr1208
on 9/17/09 11:05 pm - Worcester, MA
i know my mom was hoping for someone in the worecster area so she could go over a lot and see and walk the dog but since her best friend lives in bridgewater i dont think taunton would be too far, right down 495 from us. yeah my mom is prepared to pay any vet bills, food (since micha is on prescription dog food), grooming, anything. my mom giving mischa up is like her being asked to give up her child, since im her baby and i just turned 29 she has taken her dogs to be her kids. our old dog tashi (that i got when i was 14) passed away a few years ago and mischa stole my moms heart since then. we have tried to bargain with our landlords who are super amazing, but they said this is one thing they just cant budge on. i asked my mom if she would be interested in posting an add on craigslist and she started bawling that it was so scary out there and what if something happened to mischa. i know she wants mischa back but i think she needs to get on her feet a little first and maybe in a year or so she can afford to get an apartment close by and have her dog back. so thanks for the response, any suggestions in all ears.
tauntonredsox33
on 9/18/09 3:14 am - Taunton, MA
OMG!!! I can't even imagine!!!
We can't take him if we could we would he's be in a great home...however I'll ask around and hopefully I can find a good (tempoary home) for him... I know wverything will work out for your mom :)    

Please don't put him on craigs list....
How about posting something at a local vet office???
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
jdr1208
on 9/18/09 3:27 am - Worcester, MA
the thing that is scary about craigslist is someone posted about adopting out their small dog and the guy who took the dog seemed like a great fit, a week later he posted wanting to thank the original owner for the dog and posted pics of the guys snake killing and eating the dog. AAAHHHH i get teary just thinking of it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views