Just got my surgery date! Sept 29!

jezzabelle81
on 9/8/09 3:42 pm - Fall River, MA
I just got a call today saying my surgery date is September 29th!!! My med clearance was moved up to this Thursday morning....which is great.

My only issue is I have to lose about 15 lbs prior to surgery, in these three weeks.  The nurse says she sees it done all the time, and that I can definitely do it.  I sure hope so, but I'm nervous... three weeks is coming real soon! Any suggestions?

I can't wait!!!
chele129
on 9/9/09 1:20 pm
congrats! That's great I hope everything goes well for you.
Out of curiosity, did you do the classes in August? I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for losing 15lbs in 3 weeks.

~ Chele

jezzabelle81
on 9/13/09 3:03 pm - Fall River, MA
Hi! Actually, I did September classes.  So my classes end 9/28 and surgery is the next morning (assuming I lose this weight.....).  It's so fast, and I am so excited!
ejjy
on 9/17/09 2:11 pm - Watertown, MA
i wasn't required to lose weight, and i've never had any success with it pre-op so i can't speak from experience, but i know a few folks who have done optifast prior to surgery to shed the pounds they needed.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views