anyone from the new bedford, fairhaven area

dolphinluver112473
on 8/11/09 10:57 am - MA
Hi everyone,

My name is April and I'm seeing Dr. Kruger in Wareham.  I was wondering who has had him and if there are people from around New Bedford. Fairhaven area.  Also they are already scheduling me for pre-op testing and I haven't even started the educational classes.  Just wondering why they would set up pre-op testing before I start the classes.
mary B.
on 8/11/09 11:04 am - new bedford, MA
hi  April
i had  kruger. Love the man  he  is awesome. I had my pre-op testing done before hand also.. this way it  is out of the way  and they can get results in.  I had an  insurance  snafo so i had the classes but then had to wait a month before i  got my surgery date.
i live in  new bedford  work in fairhaven.
there are quite a few people i work with that are  seeing  dr  kruger also.  any questions  feel free to ask!!

ttyl
mary
chele129
on 8/11/09 1:41 pm
HI, I live closer to Fall River but am seeing Dr. Kruger also. I haven't really started any testing or anything yet but I see the nut on sat and then my first psych appt next week.  Good luck with everything.
NidiaB
on 8/12/09 7:48 am - Southcoast, MA
Hi April -

I am from Dartmouth and also had Dr. Kruger as my surgeon.  Southcoast Hospitals has an outstanding program, and the surgical group, and Tobey are amazing with their before, during and after-care programs.  The pre-op testing will take a while, and usually done around the same time as when you are starting the groups...  I think I actually was only in my second week of the group classes when I did mine, and got my surgery date before I even went to the third week of classes.  If I recall, in my group, everyone had their date by the time we hit our last week...

Aside from being a patient, I also work for Southcoast - feel free to let me know if you have any questions about the hospital or the program. 

For the record, I started at 274 lbs (weight at my first office visit) and by the day of surgery I was down to 245 lbs.  I am now 9 months out and pretty much at my goal weight!!  I weigh 130 lbs now!!  I am only 5'1", so this is a really healthy weight for me.  I have had no issues whatsoever, and am thrilled with the results I have had since my surgery.  I went from a size 24 to about a 6/8!  You will not regret this decision to have the surgery, or your decision to work with Dr. Kruger, he is awesome!

NIdia
aidansmom2001
on 8/13/09 6:24 am
Hi April.  I am from the NB area and did not have Dr. K but used his office.  I also had my pre op testing done prior to my classes.  I think it's just a scheduling thing.  I really liked Wareham Surgical.  My surgery(LapBand) was done on 7/30/09, no pain, no complications.  Everything has gone very smoothly since I went to my informational seminar in late January.  There are a number of us who keep in touch from the NB area.  If you would like to get into our group just PM me and let me know.  We also set up exercise together, walking, etc.  It is really nice to have local people you can talk to and ask questions of during this time.  Hope to hear from you. 

dolphinluver112473
on 8/13/09 11:30 am - MA
Hi, yes i would like to get into ur group.  I'm nervous about doing this but I know its my only hope to lose weight.  I've tried diets and to lose weight on my own but never to stick to it. 
aidansmom2001
on 8/13/09 11:41 am
PM me and we can share info.  Don't be nervous.  I am just two weeks out and doing absolutely fine.  No one would even know I had surgery.  People who do know can't believe I am doing as well as I am.  There is alot of support available from folks who are on this same journey.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Ann
suesrn3
on 8/15/09 8:58 am - Fall River, MA
Hi
I am from the Fall River area. I would also be interested in groups/exercises etc. I had my surgery in Providence but find it hard to make it to support groups. Anyway it is nice to know there are people closer to me going through some of the same things.

Sue

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views