x-post <GULP> Monday is only two days away!! HALP!!!

ATHiker
on 8/7/09 3:54 pm - North Shore, MA
Okay, so maybe it's three days away, but now I'm so stressed out I want to throw up and die!!  I've suffered through the two week diet, not perfectly, but well enough.  I'm down a total of 14 pounds and am hoping that my liver is all shrivelly and small.

The thing I'm scared most about is having something freaky weird happen and dying from this very, very elective surgery.  It's like I'm scared that God will "punish" me for over-reaching and looking for a new way of life.  I know it's completely ridiculous... but it's been flapping around my brain like a little bat!

Aaaaannddd, I'm scared of losing my food.  I know, I know.... it's not for forever, and I won't be on liquids and whatnot for THAT long.  But I'm grieving the loss of a support system, albeit a dysfunctional one.  It's made me a little snippier than usual.  The weird thing is that while I've been doing liquids and NOT focusing on food, life has been better.  Less worrisome.  Less guilt.  I've spent less time beating myself up for poor choices... and that feels good.

I'll be okay, I'm pretty sure of it.  I'm just not psyched about the little discomforts that are coming down the pike in a couple of days.  The incisions, the tubes, the drains... all minor in the grand scheme of things, I suppose.  Anyone have some cheese to throw in with my whine?  

I'll be reading, rocking and moaning for the next couple of days... don't mind me!!  If anyone is free and wants to be an angel, I'd be honored.

Thanks for letting me ramble!!

Kim
 Forever cheerful in the face of rueful odds.... 

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLSX0Lu/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wLSX0Lu/weight.png[/img] [/url]  
Susan M.
on 8/7/09 10:29 pm - MA

Kim.,

Yo Yo!
ok BREATHE! haha
You will do great!   it's normal to have fears about the surgery...you have to keep thinking that you will be ok.  As for the incisions and drain...it's temporary.  As uncomfortable as it was after surgery  I would do that all over again........the results from this surgery are amazing. it will
all be worth it.
Good job on the liquid diet....it's not easy.  congrats on losing 14 lbs :)

I will be thinking and praying for you on Monday!  You have a great surgeon :)

Sue

Kathy V.
on 8/7/09 11:10 pm - MA
YIKES...........

Just enjoy the weekend!!!!!
Everything will go fine.  All the post-op "stuff" goes away and life becomes different ,but great.  Food is no longer the main focus of your day.  Feeling good and looking good is !!! 

This is the best decision I ever made for myself.  I'm sure it will be for you too. 

And in time, you can have that cheese with "wine"  

Keep in touch, I'm here for ya.....

.....kathy   

Sue M.
on 8/8/09 12:17 am - Nantucket, MA
Congrats on surviving the 2 week liquid diet!  You're so ready for this!

I will definitely pray that your surgery is only remarkable in that there is less pain, less discomfort and a super-speedy recovery. 

All the best!!!

Sue
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
nicunicu2002
on 8/9/09 3:34 am - Sharon, MA
Kim...

it will all be over with before you know it.  Things will go fine for you tomorrow and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  You will definately grieve food as most of us do, but after a while things will smooth over and be back to normal.  Give it some time and be patient.  Once you see the weight dropping off, it will all be worth it.  For me, th first month was the toughest to get thru, but for others it might be another time.  Its all fine...trust me.

Please keep me posted on how you are doing.  Keep our friend Pattie in your thoughts as well.

kim

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/09 7:01 am - Ashland, MA
HI Kim, 

I hope you were able to enjoy your weekend.  You will do great!  Sending good thoughts your way!

Stasi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views