Dr. Cohen at UMASS... anyone have him?

Mara C.
on 8/3/09 11:55 pm - Millbury, MA
I have a pre-surgical consult with Dr. Cohen at UMASS in a couple weeks.  I didn't tell them I wanted any particular doctor since I have heard they are all great there, I just wanted the first available appt.

Has anyone had him, know anything about him?  Also, what should I expect at this appt, and how long from there before you got a surgery date?

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! ~ Mara
thinsomeday
on 8/5/09 2:22 am - webster, MA
hey there -
i wish i could help - but i don't know him.  i just wanted to say we are on the same timeline it looks like.  i meet with dr. kelly 9/3!  i know one question i have is if they are going to take out my gallbladder...
i am going to work on my list of questions this week.  how long did your process take?
Mara C.
on 8/7/09 1:17 am - Millbury, MA
Hello!  Yes, looks like we are on the same timeline!  I am nervous that no one knows this Dr yet!  I guess some of the questions I will be asking is about his experience(s) I guess!  I went to the orientation last Nov, but had my first visit with Dr. Gitkind in Feb 09.  How about you?  I can't wait to get loosing!
jdr1208
on 8/5/09 6:11 am - Worcester, MA
mara, i dont know him but i think i added in my blogs about all my appointments, and what they were like. which appointment is this? final surgical consult before scheduling a date? that one was easy and super informative. good luck.
Mara C.
on 8/7/09 1:21 am - Millbury, MA
Hey Jill!  How are you?  I guess I will check out your blog and see as well as look for the info on that appt.  Yes, I believe this is the appt before a surgery date is scheduled... I was only told after this they would be getting insurance approval. I am nervous no one knows this dr really yet though!  Hope you are well! ~ Mara
browsingbarn
on 9/16/09 12:35 am - plaistow, NH
Hi there- just read your question & by now you have had your appt w/ cohen- he is a very caring capable doctor with a sense of humor. He was assisting during my gallbladder/ colon resection prior to my by-pass & he covered for my dr at the hospital (they work as a team) on the weekend...

he came on board from NY (i think) around Feb...

it takes approx 5 months once you have finished the nutrition 4 week classes, (if nothing goes wrong with your health in the meantime)...safety is their mantra- cc
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views