Help! Am I eating too much?

jclemens
on 7/22/09 9:06 am
Hello Lovers! 

Its been 2 week since my surgery. I am suppose to be on liquids, but was starting to get sick from the protien shake, so I upgraded myself to purred foods. I have only lost 12 pounds post surgery! 12 pounds in two weeks doesnt seem so great! I am looking for advice! My friend who had surgery on the same day lost 24 pounds! How could she have lost double the weight! 

So heres what i have been eating....

1/2 Jello for breakfast
1/2 cup refriend beans w/sprinkle of cheese for lunch
1/2 cup tuna with 5 crackers for dinner

Am I eating too much? I am peterfied to stretch my pouch! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!! 

cherrylynrn
on 7/22/09 10:01 am
Hi...I'm curious if that is all you have been eating all day long? If it is, your calories have got to be way too low at this point and your protein intake sounds like it is way too low also....Have you tried different protein shakes, sugar free CIB or slim fast with skim milk? You really need to get the protein intake up to maximize your weight loss and health in general at this point...Also...I'm not sure about everyone else, but I didn't have many carbs (crackers) for probably 4-5 months...I'd be real careful with that!
It's so easy to eat more and more of them once you get started.

Good luck and I would definitely get on the phone with whatever program that you participated in and make an appointment with their nutritionist to help you get the diet stuff straightened out! You need alot of support right now in the first several months and I would definitely reach out to them.

Cherrylyn

NeedhamGal
on 7/22/09 8:57 pm - MA
First...don't worry about what others are loosing. all our bodies are different.   You moved yourself to the next stage.....at the Brigham they have you visit the Nutritionist early on when you begin to change stages ...just to make sure you are getting the correct nutrients and to see if there are any issues. Also a good time to start the relationship with your nut.  I would call your Nut for an appt, and go over your food choices with her/him.   At the Brigham...it is part of the program fee and doesn't cost.       As far as stretching the pouch...I doubt it..however early on I couldn't tell if I were hungry or not...not until 5 months so you can't always wait for the feeling full symptoms to tell.
Congrats on your surgery!
joan
jclemens
on 7/24/09 2:13 am
Thanks so much for the advice ladies, I really appreciate it! Def, right, I need to get more protien back in my diet! I plan to pick up the low carb slim fast and give that whirl! I probably am thinking I'm eating too much when really I'm not eating enough! Hopefully that will also help me to jump start weight loss. I'm down 14 pounds in two weeks, which I hear isnt so great, but as you mentioned Joan I shouldent compare myself to others when all of our bodies are so different! 

I finally got a nutritionist appoinment for Aug, so hopefully she will be able to point me in the right direction! For the most part I am doing well and hope you ladies are too. Thanks for the support it means alot! 
Magyargal
on 7/25/09 10:52 am
You are not even 3 weeks out! Wow you are brave! You said you moved yourself up in the wls plan. Why? You should let your surgeon do that for you.

Did your friend do the same thing? If not. Then there is your answer to why she lost twice as much weight as you did...She followed her surgeons rules. At least I hope she did..

I've heard only 1/4 cup food per meal, for the first 6 months at least. I will be moved up to half a cup maybe at 6 months out. 1/2 a cup is a lot to eat at one sitting even if it is tuna. Be careful with your carbs too. 5 crackers is a lot of carbs for a new person out. And you are newly out.

Do you want your surgery to work for you??? Or do you want to have to go for a revision 2-3 years down the road???? Which could end up open!!!  I was still on liquids at 7 weeks out. I know you'll hate me for this message.. I am only telling you this to warn you, I do care! Honestly. But 2 or 3 years down the road and you find you need a revision because your pouch is stretched out ...I Pray you remember this message..That I tried to warn. Be careful!!! I sure wish these groups were here for me when I first had Stomach Stapling. All the best to you. Hugs, Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views