Who had/has Dr. Sheldon Randall as their surgeon?

antonietta23
on 7/23/09 10:19 pm - Holbrook, MA
Ok here is the deal. You have to be comfortable with your decision.  You can have a bad experience at any hospital. The whole thing is that you, have to make this decision. For me  my experience was wonderful, and my recovery time was fast. I went home and did not take pain medicine all I needed was tylenol.  I have had not one food issue and I have never in one year thrown up once.  I went thru this 3 years earlier at MGH and I chickened out because I was not comfortable. My brother had his there and he was fine with it.  I personally am glad that I used Dr. Randall and had no problems with the hospital and never in my life did a doctor check on me as much as he did.  If you are second guessing yourself then you have to do what is right for you.  But no matter where you choice there is always someone who has had a bad experience. You will also find that when you tell people you are have gastric bypass some will tell you about someone who died and how you gain it all back so be prepared, because no matter who you choice , this is a roller coaster ride.  For me it was worth it but I too had so many fears. Good Luck with your decision.  Go with your Gut. 
self_love22
on 9/8/09 10:50 am
I haven't had surgery yet but have started the process with him.   I met with the therapist but have no idea how long this journey up to the surgery is.  I also have a million questions regarding the surgery.  How is the process? Everyone I talk to seems to have great things to say about Dr. Randall.  I'm comfortable with him so far as I get to know him better. 
self_love22
on 9/10/09 12:12 am
I am looking for anyone who has Dr. Randall recently.  I have read wonderful things about him and I continue to do my research but would love to hear from people *****cently had surgery and it went well as well as those who have had complications.  It seems like the ones who don't care for him and post are not his patients but people who know people who have had him.
Dr. Randall came off as a confident, well mannered, respectful, knowledgeable doctor.  He took the time to answer my question (yes, I had many), draw me diagrams of what he would do, show me the actual lapband, and tell me my options.  He gave me choices but also weighed in his professional expertise.  I respect that.  I did not feel rushed nor did I feel spoken down to.  My long stay in the waiting room allowed me the opportunity to talk to patients who had surgery, were considering it, and were about to have it.  I don't mind the time between now and the surgery because it allows me to continue my research. I just want to chat with someone who can give me a step by step guide of what to expect.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views