PEOPLE ARE ASSES

rose2rose
on 9/18/09 3:15 am - Adams, MA
I know how you feel.  When I scheduled my surgery I was working for Verizon as a directory assistance operator.  My office manager made the comment that the company shouldn't have to pay for cosmetic surgery.  Cosmetic my a**.  If he could see all the sagging skin under my clothes he wouldn't say it was cosmetic.  Uneducated people are just ignorant and should keep their big mouths shut.
CATHERINE81
on 9/18/09 4:35 am - BROCKTON, MA
yeah it sucks but i cant do anything about it rather than just say f** it and not worrk about them
SheeB
on 10/6/09 7:47 am, edited 10/6/09 7:49 am
Hi,

I'm sorry you had this experience; unfortunately it's true - some people suck - but don't let this bad experience spoil the joy of your success.  Keep on working at your goal and don't let anyone tell you differently, it is work!

I put off surgery for 4-5 years because I felt the same way - that GB was the "easy" solution and I would be copping out.  What a crock!!! I had only lost a little over 30 lbs. in all that time and my health problems were mounting (HBP, my legs, my knees, my ankles hurt, more sleepless nights than I can count).

In the past month I have lost almost 50 lbs and a couple of the problems I've experienced (not being able to sleep through the night, not being able to take more than a few steps without losing my breath and more if I stop to think about it) are gone and I'm looking forward to more problems disappearing along with the weight.  The weight may come off much faster at first, but it's still a tool to help you lose it - you still have to keep it off.  That is the hardest part.

So don't let anyone try to rob you of the joy of your efforts - you're doing great!  Just chalk that loser up to his own ignorance.

Sorry to rant - but this subject really galls me.  Most people just don't realize the work.

Hang in there and again don't let any rob you of your joy.

SheeB
CATHERINE81
on 10/6/09 10:18 pm - BROCKTON, MA

Yeah and the fk up part about it is i see him from time to time and now i say nothing to him he'll look at me and smile and say hi and ill give him a look or say im good. lol i am very proud of my self as of 3 wks ago i was down 57 pounds and i got 63 more to go and i am taking my time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views