PEOPLE ARE ASSES

CATHERINE81
on 7/17/09 5:16 am - BROCKTON, MA
OK IM ANNOYED I WENT OUT LAST NIGHT TO A BAR/CLUB AND ME MY BROTHER AND MY BEST FRIEND WERE JUST HANGING OUT AND HAVING A DRINK. SO WE RUN INTO A FRIEND (YOU KNOW THE KIND THERE REALLY NOT YOUR FRIEND YOU JUST KNOE THEM) AND WE WERE TALKING AND WE GOT ON THE SUBJECT OF WEIGHT AND I GO WELL HAVE YOU NOTICED ANYTHING DIFFERENT ADN HES LIEK YEAH YOUVE LOST WEIGHT YOU LOOK GOOD YOU KNOW THE SAME **** THEN I SAY YEAH I HAD SURGERY AND IM DOING WELL... "THIS FKNBNBNBNB JERK SAYS (MIND YOU HIS WHOLE FACE CHANGES) WOW YOR A SUCKER, YOU TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT THEN HE SAYS "MY MOTHER (MEANING HIS MOM) WAS BIGGER THAN U AND SHE WENT ON A DIET AND LOST WEIGHT AND SHES SMALLER THAN YOU, YOU (MEANING ME ) A COP OUT...

```` LET ME SAY THIS IF IT WASNT FOR MY BROTHER I WAS GONNA FKKK THIS GUY UP..,.... COP OUT YEAH MY ASS..... I WAS MORE HURT THAN ANYTHING PEOPLE CAN BE FKN ASSES,,,,

ITS PART OF LIFE BUT IT HURTS.
dragonfly777
on 7/17/09 10:54 pm
I tell the few folks who do know about the surgery that this is far from the easy way out. 

jayner
on 7/19/09 11:26 pm - Littleton, MA
hi Catherine,

I have to admit that "the easy way out" was my attitude two years ago. when my doctor first mentioned the surgery - I dismissed the whole idea. Then my son's-in-law mother died from diabetes. I got really scared and looked into the surgery. When I heard about the diabetes connection to RNY, I was hooked. The statistic of 4% success rate after five years of weight loss by diet alone also woke me up.

I tend to talk about my surgery. Perhaps you could be more selective who you tell about it. Perhaps you need to practice what to say when someone tries to cut you down like that guy did.

Feel free to rant here - that's what we are here for.

Hi to your brother!

Jayne

CATHERINE81
on 10/6/09 10:23 pm - BROCKTON, MA
Hey Jayne

How are you? yeah like my bottom post he looks like now hes packn on a few but i got class unfortunetly that is one thing he is lacking, yes my father and brother were asking about you the other day they said to say hello. since surg there has been no sugary things in my house no soda chips nothing im trying to  get them in shape lol.

Take Care

Catherine
ELJ
on 7/20/09 4:59 am - Westborough, MA
Catherine81,

Don't take it personally. This is quite common. Most people have no awareness of this procedure and don't understand. Though they may pretend to. Just forget it happened and be happy with yourself.

You made a good decision to better your health. It's about you not about that other person.  You made the right choice.

Best of luck,
ELJ
Massachusetts
CATHERINE81
on 10/6/09 10:24 pm - BROCKTON, MA
You know what your right i did make the best decision for me and i have no regrets one day at a time....

thank you

it just really get me how ignorent people are but at the same time they just dont care.. but thats there problem not mine.
brendastewart
on 7/21/09 1:51 pm - Fitchburg, MA
Hey Catherine,

Sorry you had to experience that.  I had a secretary at my kids school call me a "cheater" after she asked how I lost the weight and I was honest with her.  What can you do?  I bit my tongue and walked away the better person.

CHEATER My ASS.  This is one of the hardest things I've done and I'm not even 6 months into the journey.  It's only just begun.  I may only have another 10lbs or so to go to get to my goal weight, but this is only a tool and I need to stay committed to it for the rest of my life.  Which will hopefully be another 50 plus years.

Keep your chin up and just walk away.  It's not worth getting upset.  I know....easier said than done.

Brenda 

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

CATHERINE81
on 10/6/09 10:21 pm - BROCKTON, MA
hey brenda,

yeah the ironic thing is i saw him oast night went i went to a grocery store and looks like hes packing on a few
9maybe two many heinekins lol) i wanted to walk up to him and give him my hospitals name for a consult but didnt waste my time.

hope everythings going well with you

Catherine
brendastewart
on 10/7/09 9:30 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hey Catherine,

Nice!!  people are asses, but you just have to walk away and be happy with your own decision,.

I'm doing great.  I have 4/10ths of a lb to go before I hit my 100 lost mark.  Can't wait.

Hope all is going well with you.

Brenda

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

SarahF
on 8/9/09 10:13 pm - Braintree, MA
He's thin right?  Thin people just cannot relate!  They think people who are overweight are just lazy people.  It's sad really.  I wouldn't call this guy your friend.  Friends don't talk to friends like that!  I would have lost it on the guy.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views