Need to vent!!!

tauntonredsox33
on 7/14/09 11:22 pm - Taunton, MA
Ok so I've been scheduled for surgery on August 5th.....  Got this appointment about 3 weeks ago....  was told by surgery co-ordinator that will get a call within a week for pre-op appt.... ok so 3 weeks past and 3 calls later I finally get a call for my pre-op which is only 2 working days before my surgery..gggrrrr  hope all goes well at pre-op.....   
So yesterday I decided to call my insurance company HMO BC/BS to make sure my suregery is approved because haven't recieved any info form them..... GUESS WHAT they have no record at all of any surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just great!!!!
So back on the phone to (miss attitude) surgery co-ordinator....  she says Oh well I'm working on it right now...lol yea right???   would'nt this been done prior to my surgery appoinment ???
she then says what's your insurance??  I said bc hmo her response Oh that's no problem they allways approve.... ok yea right?? she then told me I can call on Monday but I probably won't get any answers form insurance because they don't speak to members they hardly ever speak to us and we are the dr's office.... this sounds way too shady for me!!!!  
At least my medical leave is approved at work :) that's a start!

Ok feel a little better thanks for listening....  If I went through all of this and Insurance says NO it will be a huge blow!!!! 
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
RazzyRobyn
on 7/15/09 3:21 am - West Boylston, MA
I will think positive thoughts that you will be approved!! :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

aliveagain
on 7/15/09 1:02 pm
 I know that this is easy for me to say, but don't worry. I had the exact same experience.  I have BCBS HMO and go to the same hospital, so I know the girl with the attitude! I called the insurance company myself and told them my dilemma and then called the office back. I know I was a pain in the a... but I did not want to go in for surgery and come out not approved. Be persistant with both the insurance company and with the surgery coordinator. This is for you... it will change your life! I felt like who cares about being a pain.. I really wanted this!!! I finally got a confirmation and  my approval number from my insurance and the next day,which was a Friday,surgery on Monday,heard from the doctor's office with approval. I have heard from others that BCBS is very slow because they rarely do not approve someone.
Take some deep breaths--try to relax and keep calling!!!
I'll send some positive vibes your way!
Let us know how you make out!
jayner
on 7/16/09 12:56 am - Littleton, MA
Let your doctor know how his staff treats his patients. They don't know unless patients tell them.

NeedhamGal
on 7/16/09 11:16 am - MA
at the Brigham they book your surgery date, book your subequent supporitng tests, and then your preop testing day all at once. In the interim, they collect the test results and send to insurance.   They do have  a good idea who gets approved and who doesn't for different insurance plans.  When my BCBC and later Tufts approved the surgeries, they had dates for the surgeries in the approval forms.
Good luck, I am sure it will work out.
Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views