Help Liquid Diet

Christine P.
on 7/11/09 9:04 am - FL
My surgery is scheduled for 7/21.  My doctor put me on the Optifast Liguid Diet and I am supposed to loose 14 pds before surgery.  One week has past and I have only lost 3 pds. Im really nervous because my weight loss is always so slow.  My doc says that if  I dont loose no surgery.  Did anyone else have this problem and how can I speed this up.  Please send me some advise.

Christine
virginia O.
on 7/11/09 9:30 am - haverhill, MA
Just do your best Christine.  Follow the doctors instructions.  Call the nutritionist or doc with your concerns.  That way they know that you really are trying. 
In the meantime......Be sure you are sipping the liquids slowly.  Also be sure you are drinking all of the water you should.  Maybe a few walks, if you can?  Hang in there.  I know it isn't easy.   ginny

Christine P.
on 7/11/09 10:05 am - FL
Thanks I am going to try the best I can to drink more water and to walk....
virginia O.
on 7/11/09 10:11 am - haverhill, MA
Good for you!  Keep posting....and if you live anywhere near me...I'd love to have a walking buddy

RACEME5577
on 7/13/09 4:47 am - PLAISTOW, NH

go get yourself some water pills. my are prescibed but you can get them at the parmacy. that will help alot

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/09 9:35 am, edited 7/16/09 9:38 am - Togo
Strange thing about Optifast is I actually gained weight with it.

I have already had my lap band put in, in February and have lost 33 pounds to date. Very good considering several of those months I was in transition and not working on weight loss.

Anyway, one drink I like a lot is:

rinsed canned peaches or pineapple chunks
a glass of water
one packet of sweet n low
2 oz. Tofu

Mix together in a blender and enjoy. Can be refrigerated for later too.

I add the tofu because it is a protein and it takes on the flavor of anything it is mixed with. It helps give the shake a creamy consistency and it comes out frothy and yummy and healthy. Practically fat free. The Tofu has only 0.5 grams of fat, and the peaches are rinsed really well and practically free of the added carbs they come with. Also fat free.

I think you will like it. Or use fresh fruit. . 

atg106
on 8/29/09 12:04 pm
I would reccomend anything from vitalady.com .  Being a RNY patient herself, everything is RNY-safe and effective in providing low-calorie, no-carb protein for pre-OP and post-OP patients.

I think you have to find a protein that you like and can enjoy for some time.  Each person has a particular one.  vitalady provides samples she sells which is better to committing to the 5 lbs jug of something you hate.

Remember not to drink anything after the protein until at least 30 minutes after drinking protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views