Always remain true to your self.

CATHERINE81
on 7/7/09 5:44 am - BROCKTON, MA
you know I was just thinking people tend to say that "oh you'll get skinny and become snobby or conceided" and i have heard this on one or more occasion. And let me explain my frustration with this. I am who i am I am a very confident person even at my heaviest, i dont need to change just because im smaller, we always need to remain true to our selves. I know who i am i read all these posts about how some people loose friends because people dont agree with there choice of surgery and they learn who there true friends are. Well i made it clear to my circle of friends that i was doing this surgery and that they can like it or dislike it however they need to respect my decision, its funny that we find ourselves in certain sitations that really prove who our true friends are. I havent had any regrets at all for having this surgery trust me i have had my moments and i am still not eating alot but i am getting healthier and that is a blessing. For those hwo know me know i lost my mother two years ago and my life dramatically changed since that i have felt no prupose for life or evan everyfay things, so i didnt care about my health or anything for that matter and going thru family issues, money issues foreclosure i can honestly say that since my mothers death my life has been **** in that note i was sitting on my coach the other day (that i am currently paying for) and i thought to myself two days before my mother died while she was in the hospital (she died of complications of heart disease and diabetes) i had to explain to my mother that she was going to die and she was getting morphine and she said with a smile that she was ok with that and she was tired of fighting, she told me " I am proud to be your mother , and your the most beautiful thing in the world and to start your own life " that thought always runs through my mind. I mother taught me that evan when things get the hardest you have to believe in yourself.. I know i am a good person i know that i can be stubborn at times but with the blessing and beauty of my mother i am the women i am today and no one or anything can change that, So in closing it doesnt matter how small i get i know my true self and sometimes i think we loose ourselves in every day life that we need to stop and think " wow im here and i am blessed" so when a negative comment comes yor way just put your head up and smile to yourself because we all are beautiful and true to ourselves......
ejjy
on 7/7/09 6:50 am - Watertown, MA
wow, that's an incredibly touching story, i appreciate your sharing it here on the board.  and a very strong positive message.  i'm sorry you've had such a difficult time, you must miss your mother terribly, but it sounds like you are starting to find a way to move forward, and that's clearly what she wanted for you.  i do think WLS is my way of getting my life off hold and moving forward again.  how it got on hold i'm not sure, but it feels really good to be in positive motion again finally.

RNY 6/16/09 - Last weighed 10/27/2011 weighed 151 lost 52 pounds  66% toward personal goal  of 125, six pounds from unofficial unpretentious goal of 145lbs......basically very happy.   boo-rah, RNY!

CATHERINE81
on 7/7/09 11:34 pm - BROCKTON, MA
thank you i appreciate that.. its been hard but whats hard i feel only makes you stronger
virginia O.
on 7/7/09 7:42 am - haverhill, MA
What a beautiful thing.  You are a shining example of exactly what your mother wanted for you.  You are truly starting your own life.   Congrats!

CATHERINE81
on 7/7/09 11:35 pm - BROCKTON, MA
i hope i am thats what i am aiming for its just sometimes we really loose ourselves and need a moment of reflection of out i lives.. well i do anyway
Sue M.
on 7/7/09 11:14 am - Nantucket, MA
Right on!  I am the same way... sure, I find myself in new situations due to my weight loss, but I'm as positive as ever that I'm a great person, beautiful even, inside and out - and I'm not different on the inside.

Your mom gave you a beautiful gift of love and belief.  You are making her so very proud!!! 
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
CATHERINE81
on 7/7/09 11:40 pm - BROCKTON, MA
thank you sue, i mean this was a personal topic but i feel comfortable enough to discuss it here... and its nerve racking to start your own life when ive always done for others and actually taking the time right now and starting for me is nerve racking but challenging and im starting school in the fall so im trying new things lol
Kathy V.
on 7/7/09 11:54 am - MA
THX for sharing.  I have been having a couple of LOW days and your story touched me.  I lost my mother 17years ago and miss her everyday.  She was a very strong lady and I strive to be like her.  We all have our reasons for doing this surgery and need to be surrounded by people who care and love us.  I am blessed in that department.  Again, thx for sharing and good luck going forward. 

.....kathy   

CATHERINE81
on 7/7/09 11:42 pm - BROCKTON, MA
thank you kathy, yes loosing my mother was the worst day of my life and me and my father live together but have our moments that doesnt help but i know that we will make it its just amazing to feel blessed and have strength to move on and ive never had that however i carry my mother every where i go ...
dragonfly777
on 7/8/09 7:58 am
What a touching moment between you and your mom.  Thank you for sharing your story!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views