So what is everyone doing for the 4th?

dragonfly777
on 6/30/09 3:44 am
Lets hope this rain stops huh?  I am sooo sick of this weather. My husband (and me when available) have been restoring my car for 3 years. So finally the car is just about done and I can't drive it cause every day has rain, so with any luck this weekend will be nice and I can take her for a ride.

We have some BBQ's to go to so this might be a good thread about things to bring to eat.  I am still on stage 4 so I will bring my own 93% ff burger and maybe whip up some ricotta with splenda and vanilla for a dessert and try and transport some fudgesicles. I will drink a protein shake on the way to arrive hydrated and with some protein. Its going to be hard as my sil and her daughter are amazing bakers. The daughter went to culinary school and is a pastry chef!!!

tauntonredsox33
on 6/30/09 4:08 am, edited 6/30/09 4:08 am - Taunton, MA
What kind of car is it???

Yes I'm also hoping the rain stays away too.... We are camping this weekend in a tent!!!  Hope we aren't floating around this weekend..lol 
we also have a cookout on Sat that we are going to for a few hours... I'm bringing my famous Berry salad... Strawberries, Blueberries and Black and Red Raspberries... it's soo yummy!!!

It sounds like you will do very well you have everything all planned out and that is fantastic!!!
Happy Fourth Everyone
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
kawkbw
on 6/30/09 4:39 am - MA
Well, depending on the weather, we will go to the beach if the sun is out (we go with my bff and her husband and another family) OR we will have a cookout at our house if it's crummy out.

I'm going to make a bean salad I found on eggface's blog.
NeedhamGal
on 6/30/09 7:57 pm - MA
hi Happy 4th to all!

In Needham the festivities start on the 3rd with Fireworks. Not certain if they will go off due to the weather.  We have a family cookout before, then everyone heads to the fireworks.   The next day is a parade.   My son and I used to march in the parade with the boyscouts but he is isn't a boyscout anymore so I will be a spectator...weather permitting again.
I did book a training session at the gym over the weekend....it will keep me honest in my food choices and exercise!!   
Stay safe everyone...and don' t play with firecrackers!!

joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views