Finally, surgeons appt @ Tufts on Wed--what to expect? (surgery date?)

michellemc0
on 6/29/09 2:55 am - bridgewater, MA
Hi!
I've finished my requirements at Tufts and the additional ones my insurance requires and I have an appt. w/Dr. Kim on Wed.  I'm wondering what to expect (I'm expecting to get the Lap Band).

Will I be given a surgery date? How long has that been for most people (the wait for a surgery date) What else should I expect?
Thanks in advance,
Michelle
tauntonredsox33
on 6/29/09 3:28 am - Taunton, MA
OMG!!! Thats great!!!!!
I have Dr Shikora at Tufts I met with him on June 9th went over entire procedure all the good bad and the ugly.....  Asked a medical history.  that was about it.  Said he would get the letter over to my insurance and once I was a pproved they would call and set at date... I week later I got the call for my appointment on Aug 8th
My insurance is Blue Cross every insurance is different!
Best of luck let us know how you make out....

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
jazzyone30
on 6/29/09 7:29 am
Hey Michelle, i also had Dr Kim as my surgeon she's awsome... she's very down to earth and will answer any questions you may have.She will show you both the lap band and the realize band, and she will also ask you why you are choicing the band over gastic. that was my only thing i was disappointed with was she was almost trying to get me to change to gastric. But once i told her my reasons and she went over everything she was all set with me having the surgery and when i left it was a week or so i got my date.. :) so good luck to you :) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views