rough night last night

dragonfly777
on 6/21/09 1:00 am
Hubby & I went to Lowes to get some plants and I started feeling a bit tired and thirsty. I got  a water bottle and sipped on that and felt a bit bitter. When we got home I thought I would try some of the all natural PB I bought. Well about 45 minutes later I had really bad dry heaves. It was awful.  After about 15 minutes of that I went back out to watch the movie and 30 minutes later it happened again.  Does this mean that I am not able to eat PB or did I maybe drink my water too fast? I am kinda freaked out about having PB again, but damn it tasted so good and PB is one of my favortite foods. 

This morning my lower left side is a bit tender.

Sue M.
on 6/21/09 3:08 am - Nantucket, MA
i would hold out on the PB for a little while.  I had trouble with it early out too and most people told me to try it again in a few weeks.  I did, and unfortunately for me, i still can't tolerate much, but i can have a little bit safely now (i don't dare more than a teaspoon).  MOST people do tolerate it well, so don't use me as an example, but just know that sometimes you have to wait a while til some things work.  I couldn't have eggs for a while, but now they sit just fine!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Lisa1483
on 6/21/09 9:15 am - Revere, MA
I had the same problem last night with beef stew. My NUT said I could have meat as long as I cut it up small and chew it really well and I puree the vegies, I did that and still got sick. It will be a very long time before I try and eat beef again.

NeedhamGal
on 6/21/09 10:55 am - MA
perhaps both the PB and the beef were too rich of foods.  I will tell you, I babied myself into the steps until the Nutritionist gave me a kick in the butt.
I think of it like when you start a baby on food....only one new thing at a time and try to isolate it so if you don't feel well you will know why for sure. 
For some people...one day one food will jive and not jive the next day. Or the combination of foods can do this.
Don't despair....give it some time and try again.
I will say, I took a long, long time to try beef.  I had been banded and beef and the band didn't go together well so I was really,really gun shy towards beef.  Now I can eat beef, but I eat it gently!

I hope this time and upset tummies pass for you quickly.

Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views