4 days out of surgery

Lynne Alcala
on 6/20/09 10:59 am - Leominster, MA
Im having such a hard time with this liquid  stage 1, I just dont feel like having anything I kinda force my self then I dont feel well. Also since the surgery I've had a massave headache It just dont quit! Any suggestions as to what I can take, tried childrens tylenol that didnt work and the liquid painkiller they sent me home with makes me sick??   Please HELP..feeling very depressed!         

Lynne
nicunicu2002
on 6/20/09 12:07 pm - Sharon, MA
Lynne:

So sorry that you are not feeling well..I promise it will get better, just hang in there.  You can take adult strength tylenol, may have to call a few pharmacies to find it. The headaches could be from lack of fluids, but the pain med can also cause headaches.  Call your physician and have them call you in something else for pain if you need it.  You might find that once you take the liquid tylenol that may be enough for you.

As for the liquid intake, take in as much as you can.  It may be a while before you take as much as you are suppose to.  You pouch is very sensitive, sore and cant hold very much right now.   Just keep water near and sip sip sip whenever you can.

Good luck, congratulations...things will get better eventually.

kim

Lisa1483
on 6/21/09 9:24 am - Revere, MA
Hi Lynne,

I had the same problem with getting liquids down, I think it is normal. I told the nurse and she told me not to worry about it and get in what I can. When you do sip just make sure you are sipping slow.

NeedhamGal
on 6/21/09 10:58 am - MA
a few thing can be causing the headache: could be withdrawl from caffeine, could be withdrawl from carbs, or even food in general. Could be you just don't feel well and your body is telling you.
Over the counter they make Tylenol Rapid Blast..it is a liquid.  I take a 1/2 cup of the cup they provide and that does the trick. And I was an ibuprofin junkie!!  there is sugar in it, but my doc said that in the small dosing it wouldn't send me dumping.
It really works.   I hope you are feeling better by now, but get some tomorrow at CVS and keep some in the house and nip any headaches in the butt@@

Joan
Lynne Alcala
on 6/21/09 12:36 pm - Leominster, MA
Thank you for all of the posts as of now , I am feeling much better today, I think I was overwhelmed with the amount of fluids I needed to intake . Now that I know that it's OK to work hard and get in as much as I can my anxiety kinda dissipated and i am not feeling so bloated. Also I did find the Tylenol at CVS,  only took the whole cup and thought I was going to choke,live and learn. I do think the headache was a result of caffeine withdrawal.
Now I'm just wondering how long before I can take a whole pill and stop crushing them yuck,
I'm feeling very emotional can cry at the drop of a hat , is this a side effect of surgery?
Anyway I appreciate all your well wishes and advice, and I'm extremely grateful that there is a site like this to help you out during this very stressful time.  My new best friend hahaha!

Sincerely Lynne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views