OK I'M STRESSING OUT!!!

tauntonredsox33
on 6/19/09 1:31 am - Taunton, MA
Ok I don't know where to start to prepare for my surgery....
what proteins to buy ??? I like some now but may not after surgery
what food to buy or reciepes to make??? prior so i'm prepared I'd like to make those quiche but m ay no be able to eat eggs after....  
vitamins do i get liquid vs chewables??  
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

yes I read to much on these boards I think i'm making myself crazy...lol   

WHAT IF I CAN'T DO THIS???  I HATE THE UNKNOWN...LOL  BUT CAN'T CONTROL IT
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
capeladybug
on 6/19/09 3:20 am - Newtonville, MA
Take a deep breath and relax!! Call your Dr office and ask if you can meet with the NUT. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you prepare!! Use them as your tool!!!  Hang in there!
H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
Lisa1483
on 6/19/09 4:26 am - Revere, MA
I know the feeling all to well. I stressed out so bad that I think I was out cold before they even knocked me out. When I woke up I realized I did all that stressing for nothing.

When you get home you may not be able to get much down so just focus on liquids. I don't think you can have eggs right away. I just had my first egg yesterday and that was only because I was moved to stage 4 and didn't feel I could have much more than that.

When you feel your mind racing go for a walk and deep breath as you walk. Keep telling yourself that you can't get stressed out because stress slows the healing process. You will be fine.

NeedhamGal
on 6/21/09 11:01 am - MA
I would say the same thing, get all your questions down and meet with the Nut..that is their job to prepare you for surgery.   At my hospital, they welcome emails as well as the office visits.
I do chewable vitamins except for the iron is a pill. Initially the iron was a chewable from Bariatric Advantage but I'm anemic so I needed more than the chewable offers.  You nut will assist you.
Everyone in the bariatric program (at all hospitals) has a vested interest in all our successes.

Another thing to do is to start a spiral notebook or folder for all the information you do receive. It does become handy  if you need to look back for some information.

Joan
tauntonredsox33
on 6/21/09 10:30 pm - Taunton, MA
THANKS JOAN WILL DO!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary