Does anyone have Shannon Mooney Nutritionist

chippiepfeifer
on 6/18/09 4:13 am - amesbury, MA
Hi my name is Lisa and i have Shannon Mooney at Lowell General Hosp.  I seen her yesterday and I have to lose 12 lbs and he gave me a food journal, my next appt. is 7/28 she has to approve my journal she said inorder to be approved for surgery I have to cut out caffeine which I did.  And also she said losing the 12 lbs is just one of the goals I have to reach can somebody tell me what she said to them if they had her please. Thanks Lisa
C49erfn
on 6/24/09 3:06 pm - NH
I have Shannon as a nutritionist and she is fantastic. She has been so supportive and she really helped me change some bad habits before surgery which has made all the difference.
After talking with lots of other WLS folks I have found that the LGH Program offers more support than most others.

I believe the standard for everyone going through the Lowell General Program is that they have to lose 5% of whatever their starting weight is. For example if you weigh 300lbs they want you to lose 15.
I'm sure all the info you've been given is overwhelming.  It was for me. But read all your packets and info.

Take advantage of the resources.  Go to all the groups and ask lots of questions.  Ask to speak with a patient ambassador.  These are people who have had surgery and are available at all groups and meetings to help out others in their journey.

Good Luck
chippiepfeifer
on 6/25/09 4:05 am - amesbury, MA
Thank you so much for your information you have been a big help. Thanks Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views