So my friend calls me this morning...

dragonfly777
on 6/17/09 9:58 am
and asks me if I want to take a ride up to Laconia because she wants to buy a t-shirt. I am 2 weeks post op and not exactly paying attention to the local news. Monday I had my 2 week follow up appt so that was a long ride and yesterday I had 6 hours in Court with my ex (yuck) so today I wanted to relax. So I haven't seen her since the surgery so she is driving so I say okay.

Well we get up to some point in NH and I see a sign that says "welcome bikers" and "Bike Week". OMG its Bike Week?? I feel like I am dressed like a school mom LOL.  She had no idea I didn't know and wondered why I wore pants more appropriate for work and a plain red top! LOL. It was a lot of walking and it was hot. I find that I only like my beverages ICE cold and my food hot.  So the water bottles were not staying cold enough for me despite my mini cooler in the car.. After about 1 hour of walking and standing I found a shady spot while she continued to shop around. Sure were a lot of bikes and it was really crowded but great people watching.

Tomorrow....rest! And I will finally start to take all those vitamins and eat better.

NeedhamGal
on 6/17/09 10:43 am - MA
I can't believe you were hookwinked into a 3 hour ride to the white mountains.   I can barely take that ride on a good day, never mind 2 weeks post op.
god bless you--you are a good friend!
Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views