2 weeks post op appt today

dragonfly777
on 6/15/09 5:32 am, edited 6/15/09 5:32 am
 I have been keeping a journal since I came home of my foods but I didnt enter the calories, protein. I wish I had! I had no idea that some days I was only getting 145 calories! The most I had was 300. At least now I am on the next stage of eating (kinda like the baby foods have stages, ). For those who don't have the same kind of plan, STage 4 allows me 93% lean meats in 3 oz quantities & FF cheese. So If I can't drink 30 minutes before a meal or 30 minutes after a meal and each meal/snack can take 45 minutes so it doesn't leave much time to suck down 64 oz! But I am trying.

Since my last appt on May 20th I am down 20 lbs so at least that is some progress but I have to work on the protein and use all those pricey protein powders I bought.

I have a LOT more appts over the next year plus they want you to go to group meetings/seminars at night. I do feel that they want you to suceed so its worth all the effort. The 2 hour drive in traffic is another story icon_evil.gif

I tried to make one of those tickers but apparently the technology is too much for me!

Thanks for all the support :-)
aliveagain
on 6/15/09 6:13 am
 I think you are making great progress! Congratulations! Have you tried any of the online journals, they gave a couple ideas in the binder Tufts gives out. I am i week post op and am finding the writing down hard, but I think I may switch to an online resource. I agree using those expensive protein powders is the way to go, although at times very difficult. Keep up the great work!!!
MrsMassInk
on 6/15/09 8:00 am - MA
It sounds like you are doing great - All the driving and all the appointments are worth it!

For your ticker - go to the H.ealth Tracker on your profile page. Then hit TICKER in the upper right hand corner
Tina Marie

Be the change that you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi 
LisaBC86
on 6/15/09 9:38 am - Bridgewater, MA
Getting the liquids and protein is tough for me too !! Still working on it - and I'm 2 months out !! I don't know where you live - but if it's South of Boston - we are starting a support group in Bridgewater - if that is more convenient for you let me know. And I'll give you the details !! Good luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
dragonfly777
on 6/15/09 12:15 pm
Thanks for the help, I think I have the ticker attached - I guess I will know soon enough.

Unfortunately I am north of Boston, pretty close to the NH border.  Thanks for the invite, I think its great to meet up with forum members in the area. 
tauntonredsox33
on 6/15/09 10:53 pm - Taunton, MA
Congrats!!!  It's sounds like you doing great!!! 
I went last night to the Post-op meeting it was my 4th one and I have to say they are GREAT!!!!!  I'm PRE-OP and I go to them lots of great info and GREAT PEOPLE!!!!  Last night meeting was about understanding hunger with the nutritionist and then a surgeon came Dr Shah I believe and she was great! talked about the procedure and answered tons of questions. my mom and sis came along and I'm glad they did because they got a better understanding of the surgery... I know its a drive but I find it well worth it.  
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs