almost 2 months out

Megan S.
on 6/14/09 9:28 am - Brighton, MA
I'm almost 2 months Post-op and have lost 37.5#s since surgery! 64.5#s All together!
I'm so excited, I feel fantastic! And here are some things I've begun to notice: I'm starting to be able to cross my legs much easier. Before surgery it was either the manly leg cross, the ankle cross or nothing at all, now I can cross them at the knees. (Sweet!) My shoes are getting too big for me. My feet are sliding from side to side, I might need to not get wides anymore. My roommate told me that she can start to see my shoulder bones( defined really) and my collarbone (I have a collarbone! and I can feel the bone that connects in the middle, so weird but awesome!)
Also, I went to to a water park yesterday and actually didn't feel awkward for once, and I was wearing just the suit, not even a suit with a cover up. It was great! (except for the sunburn... whoops!)

A few problems, well at least there are a few things I have to work at: I'm still having problems getting the amount of protein I should( I'm trying protein bars, since I'm sick to death of shakes) if I can get 40g of protein it's a win for me. I'm also struggling to get the amount of water I need, it's difficult because my work environment doesn't allow drinks in the work space for health concerns, I have my drink just outside the room but I forget it's there sometimes. I get probably 24-32oz a day. I used to be very affected by the water thing but it's hasn't been that bad for me lately could my body be adjusting to the new volume? I don't know lol.
I need need need need to get back to the gym, I've been having trouble getting up in the morning, I wonder if my b-vits are on the lower side maybe I should increase my intake. Maybe if I can wake-up I can motivate myself to go back to the gym.

~Meg
starting/surgery/current/goal -- 280/252/191.5/155

MrsMassInk
on 6/14/09 11:31 am - MA
Meg - congratulations on your weight loss - it is fantastic!  I found my cheekbones the other day and nearly fell on the floor!

I know you said you were sick of the protein shakes, but it is soooooo important to get the minimum in, maybe you should/could reconsider.  Have you tried any of the recipes that Nik or Eggface have on their pages?? They are great - my favorite is like a coffee coolatta - but much, much better!!  Even if you get one in before you leave in the morning, you would be up 30 grams AND 8-16 oz of water too ( I count the ice cubes too!) 

Let me know if you want the links.  Again, Congrats!!

Tina Marie

Be the change that you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi 
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/09 11:58 pm - Ashland, MA
Megan, you are doing great...Keep it up.  Yeah for the bathing suit!  Isn't it great?

I sometimes have trouble with protein too.  I don't like the bars so I try to start every day with a protein shake.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views