3 days post op

aliveagain
on 6/11/09 4:18 am
 Hi everyone,

I am 3 days post op and everything was great! I had my surgery at Tufts, the staff could not have been nicer! My stomach is tender and my back is sore but other than that I feel great!  I am having a hard  time getting the protein and fluids down, it seems to be taking 2 hours instead of 1 hour but working hard at it. I am not at all hungry and do not have any cravings.  Thank you to everyone for all their support!
I will keep everyone posted on my progress.
tauntonredsox33
on 6/11/09 4:44 am - Taunton, MA

YEA!!!!!!!!!!  So happy for you !!!!!  I saw Dr Shikora on tuesday waiting for my date!!!!!!   I'm so glad everything went well... I have no doubt in my mind that they all are great surgeons @ Tufts!!!!

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
NeedhamGal
on 6/11/09 10:59 am - MA
Congratulations.  You will feel just fine in no time at all.  Remember to get outside and change your scenery. Indoor and TV for too long can wear on you.
Joan
nicunicu2002
on 6/11/09 9:09 pm - Sharon, MA
congrats on your surgery!!  dont worry about your fluid and protein intake right now, just do what you can do...its VERY slow going at first.  there are few people that can get all their fluid and protein requirements in fresh post op....hang in there, it will get better!

kim

dragonfly777
on 6/11/09 11:25 pm
Congratulations and continued good luck!!

I am 11 days post op from Tufts and still struggling with liquids and proteins. My stomach is pretty good except when I go in the car and go over bumpy roads. That hurts! I do struggle with naseau, mostly because I am pretty picky about foods and stage 3 is hard for me. Hopefully on Monday I can go to stage 4 :-)

Except for a 3 hour shift the nurses at Tufts were awesome. I did find it odd though when it came time to be discharged from the hospital the nurse tossed my bags on the wheelchair and gave me directions how to get to the ground level to meet my ride.  The first step was to get through these double doors and they didn't have a button to open them so fhat was a bit of a struggle. The nurse told me to leave the wheelchair on the sidewalk so I did.  I thought someone had to wheel you out as they are responsible for you until you get outside???
aliveagain
on 6/12/09 3:35 am
 I thought the same thing. Once I was discharged-- I walked out. No wheelchair, no help. I thought they had to bring you down as well. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who is having trouble getting my fluids and protein in. I did find a great protein at Whole Foods-- it is a bit expensive but it has 25 grams of protein! That's worth it to me!
Lisa1483
on 6/16/09 10:55 am - Revere, MA
I always thought someone had to take you out as well, but I was discharged and they pointed the way out and that was it. I found that very odd and thought maybe that was just something Beth Israel did.

I had a very hard time getting everything in at first and I am getting pretty bord with stage 3 and find myself wanting real food. With any luck I will start stage 4 on the 18th.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views