its official

jdr1208
on 6/12/09 2:19 am - Worcester, MA

as of yesterday its official, i will be having my RNY in about 6 weeks, give or take. i met with my surgeon yesterday for my final consult and we decided the RNY was right for me. they have no pre op diet other than eat healthy, and quit smoking (i have had 3 in the past 10 days... ) and post op they suggested 3 weeks of carnation instant breakfast 4oz every 2 hours and then squishy foods after 3 weeks. after my appointment yesterday i am realizing this is actually going to happen, for so long i have felt like i was going to wait forever. weird thing is i think the scariest part is the thought of being all stapled shut. i dont know why, but staples just scare me more than anything! but i know im just being silly. so im going to browse the recipe forum and start making a little RNY recipe booklet and count down. the only thing is since i have been diagnosed with sleep apnea i have to use a cpap for 4 weeks before surgery so i called them this morning and said i needed on asap so im just waiting for the call back. any advice would be always accepted

yay me! lol

jill

RazzyRobyn
on 6/12/09 2:30 am - West Boylston, MA
HI there!  Glad to hear things went well!  Maybe we will be in the hospital at the same time! I'm getting close to 6 weeks... I just pray my anemia is gone so I can have surgery!

I was scared of staples until I had to deal with them after my C-section.  Don't worry the staff will take really good care of you!

Keep me posted :)

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

jdr1208
on 6/12/09 2:42 am - Worcester, MA
thanks robyn, i got your message this morning on my blog, thanks for the possitive thoughts, im sending some your way too. scary part is we have to move in july so thats making me nervous!
RazzyRobyn
on 6/12/09 2:45 am - West Boylston, MA
Wow a move! Well, maybe the distraction will be good for you... so you are not worrying about it all the time!  :)

Maybe we can meet up for coffee at a local coffee shop somewhere in July to chit chat, if you want! No pressure!  :)

robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

jdr1208
on 6/12/09 3:18 am - Worcester, MA
yeah absolutely! im usually only available on weekends as im gone from 6am to 7pm during the week.
the move situation sucks because i dont really want to move but we rent a condo from the owner and he was facing foreclosure so he had to sell and the new owner said she would honor the remainder of our lease since we've been great tenants but our lease is up in july. ug! the hardest part is finding an affordable place in a good neighborhood.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views