One Week Post Op

Lisa1483
on 6/9/09 7:42 am - Revere, MA
Hi everybody, tomorrow is one week since I had my surgery. I am feeling pretty good for the most part(still very tender) and I am able to do a little more everyday. Last night I discovered I can get in my bed without using a stepstool....LOL. It's little things like that that let me know I'm getting better everyday.

The main problem I am having is getting everything down. I get so full so fast and I am finding it very hard to get all my fluids in, which is making me a bit nervous because I don't want to get dehydrated. I try to make my shakes very watery but it takes me forever to get it down. While I was in the hospital they didn't push me and all I had was one shake, a bit of Crystal Light, and the rest was water. They call me from my surgeons' office, just about everyday, to see how I am doing and I told the nurse that I am having a problem getting everything down, she told me to take it slow and to get down what I can. I just want to make sure I get enough protein in and I don't get dehydrated.

Susan M.
on 6/9/09 11:32 am - MA
It's so hard to get everything in at first.  I just kept taking sips all the time, instead of trying to drink a whole cup at once.  As long as you keep sipping you'll stay hydrated.

:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views