HELP!!!!!

tauntonredsox33
on 6/4/09 4:13 am - Taunton, MA
Ok went to my pre-op appointments on Tuesday, saw the nutritionist, psychologist and MD… see the surgeon for the first time on the 9th.   I have gained 2lbs since my first weigh in!!!! I’m heavier now then when I started..ggrrrr    I was doing really well for about 3 weeks then got totally off track.   I think mentally I started to panic. It hit me that this is all coming into place and my Dr’s appointments were approaching FAST!!! And I went into eat everything in site mode because I feel I may never eat like this again… ggrrrr I’m so mad at myself plus did the switch a-roo from winter to summer clothes and nothing fits at all from last year . At my appointment they were all really supportive and told me it’s called the “last supper syndrome".   Why the heck am I doing this to myself??? They recommended doing the meal replacement plan this week and see how it goes when I weigh in on the 9th. I’m eating protein bars/shakes for breakfast, lunch and snack then a “sensible" meal for dinner.  Yesterday was rough after 3pm I was starving by 5pm….  Today is day 2 and I’m chugging along… still drinking my shake from lunch at noon….lol it’s not the best tasting.. It’s the muscle milk light vanilla.. Yesterday I had the EAS chocolate and it was yummier.   I’m just in a funk I guess. I think I’m trying to sabotage myself I don’t know what’s going on with me… Any advise or slapping me upside the head telling me to snap out it will be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
nicunicu2002
on 6/4/09 4:20 am - Sharon, MA
Melissa...

calm down and take a nice deep breath.  most of us have been thru the same thing, its all sounds very normal to me.  you do go into the 'last supper' mode and try and eat everything that you can possibly eat b/c you are afraid you wont ever get to eat it again..

rest assurred after a while you will be able to eat 'normal' foods again, just not as much.  most of us find that we can tolerate most of the same foods with the exception of anything with sugar in it...you will grieve food once you have this surgery.  i know i did and it was sad!! but now that im 9 months out, i do enjoy eating, look forward to meals again and basically eat anything i want.  i have sweets ( with splenda) and dont deny myself things i enjoyed before ( pasta, pizza, mexican foods etc).  you just learn to adjust the calories/fat without screwing up the taste....

it will get easier.  the liquid diet prior to surgery is rough as well as the program in the few months following your surgery.  there is a light.  hang in there girl and everything will be ok.  dont beat yourself up.  continue to come on here and share.  we are here to support you....

let us know if you need anything...

kim

bostonsoxfan
on 6/4/09 4:08 pm - Elmwood, MA
You may want to check your protein bars/shakes. Some of them have lots of empty calories. Just a thought. Stick with you. You will ok. I did shakes pre-op for breakfast and lunch. I totally had the last supper syndrome myself, but I only allowed myself to cave in once a week. I never gained any weight pre-op, but it was a struggle. You may already be doing this, but if you're not, exercise is a very important tool. Even a walk around the mall will burn calories. Just a suggestion. Best of luck. Hang in there!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXp0CW8/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wXp0CW8/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs