New Here - Kerry

kgrenier12
on 6/2/09 3:19 am - pembroke, MA
I've just started the pre-approval for WLS through Tufts Medical in Boston.  I attend immersion day June 16 @ Tufts.  I had the psych eval and sleep study done.  Booked nutrition & follow up appts.

I'm a Mom, work full-time in Cambridge and go to night school.

I'm interested in meeting people who've had surgery or are thinking about having it.
I'm hoping to connect with others like me at the "Immersion Day" but also here online.

Tufts has a monthly meeting on Monday nights but I'm unable to attend due to night school.

I live in the South Shore and would like to find a group to attend either in the South Shore or Cambridge area.

Sincerely,
Kerry

ejjy
on 6/2/09 3:49 am - Watertown, MA
I don't know much about south shore support groups, just wanted to say hi and welcome to the board.  You sound innnnnnnncrreeeeeeddddddibly busy!!!!
jdr1208
on 6/2/09 4:28 am - Worcester, MA
welcome kerry, i too am a mom looking on my last step before surgery. i dont have a date yet. i am from the south shore but no long even close to there! good luck!!
kawkbw
on 6/2/09 4:50 am - MA
Hi Kerry

I just had my surgery 3 weeks ago at Tufts!  My surgeon was Scott Shikora.  I had a wonderful expeirience at Tufts.  I am doing the support group on Wed mornings.  Good luck to you!!

Kristin

Kathy V.
on 6/2/09 9:43 am - MA
WELCOME---I had my surgery at Tufts on 12/1 and had Dr Tarnoff.  Everything went great and it was the best thing I ever did.  I'mm not from the south shore so I can't help you on support groups.  Best of luck.....any help I can be--just ask.......

.....kathy   

jayner
on 6/2/09 11:57 pm - Littleton, MA
hi Kerry,

Where do you work in Cambridge? I work at Kendall Square and could meet you at lunch time some day.

Jayne

LisaBC86
on 6/3/09 6:18 am - Bridgewater, MA
HI, I am currently attempting to get a support group together in Bridgewater - although it might not work for you - if you are going to night school - it is going to be on Monday nights - let me know if you are interested - right now our interet has been only from people who have already had the surgery but you are welcome !!

Lisa

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RACEME5577
on 6/16/09 3:48 am - PLAISTOW, NH
WELCOME

pemdwyer
on 7/9/09 10:10 am
there is a meeting that started last month lisa is running it in bridgewater check it out
michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views