Plastic Surgeon Guest Speaker at Brigham & Womens-Boston

NeedhamGal
on 6/1/09 1:20 am - MA

Hi Tomorrow, June 2nd there will be a special support group open to Gastric Bypass and Lap Band Patients.  (You do not need to be a B&W patient to attend)

Guest Speaker;    Plastic Surgeon Dr.Karl H. Breuing of Brigham & Womens Hospital, Boston

Topic: Body Contouring after weight loss surgery

Where: Carrie Hall, Brigham and Womens Hospital. (Boston )  6 to 7:30 Pm, June 2nd

I have attended a session similar a few years ago and it was extremely informative.  Hope you can attend.

Joan

nicunicu2002
on 6/1/09 11:28 pm - Sharon, MA
this is the doc im seeing this summer for my consult so im excited to see what he has to say....hope to see some ohiers there!

kim

NeedhamGal
on 6/2/09 2:28 am - MA
Make sure you tap on my shoulder and say hi.

I have very dark(almost black) short hair. I'll be coming with my sister who looks like me.

I am about a size 16/18 .....and I will most likely be in dungarees.  I have a bandana print vera bradley type bag!

see ya there!@

Joan
Rachel O.
on 6/2/09 3:38 am - MA
I'll be there...and will say hi ;-)

nicunicu2002
on 6/2/09 11:38 pm - Sharon, MA
Joan:

Hope you enjoyed the seminar last night...lots of great information and boy was I impressed with the before and after pics.

i wanted to stop and say hi to you after the pesentation, but it went over a little and I had to leave right after Breuing spoke, so didnt get to hear what the excercise guy said...maybe next time!!

hopefully we will meet up eventually.  you  looked FABULOUS by the way!!!  congrats on the weight loss!

kim

NeedhamGal
on 6/3/09 12:42 am - MA
thanks for the compliment.   .   Were  you sitting in the middle...on the door side of the room? I was looking around.   Dr. Lautz did come in towards 7 and stayed..but he was in the corner talking with Dr.Breuin.
After that seminar...I will say I am in no rush for plastic surgery. I think I will buy myself a brand new super-dooper bra and see how long I can go with that!!!
My sister came with me. She was thinking of the legs...but after that she wasn't so interested but was more interested inthe stomach.  She had 2 cesarians and lost about 80 or so pounds so her stomach is like loose hamburg meat!

You are right, those pictures were impressive.   The exercise guy was good, also.  A great way to get re-connected or connected the first time with exercise.    I started 11 weeks ago locally and I see a trainer. Maybee not the most cost efficient way to go but it gets me there for we have set appointments.

The Dedham Health and Athletic club is good, and the concept is great. More clubs should adopt it.    I  have been there before for birthday parties and for the outdoor center...but it is a pain to get there with traffic....and I only live about 5 miles away!

I do hope we get to meet up soon.    Joan

AwesomeForever
on 6/3/09 5:25 am - Marlborough, MA
Did the plastic surgeon talk costs and oh my the pain of the surgery?

If I had it done...I would be paying for it into my '80s! Abs, belly, boobs, batwings, flesh flesh flesh!

Linda
NeedhamGal
on 6/3/09 6:57 am - MA

He talked ballpark figures. Said it was cheaper at the Brigham than at a suburban boutique type of office shop.
He talked a lot of the safety that is instilled in the surgery, and how wounds can become open etc (I believe he said 30% of the time in the legs).
He also talked about how to build your case for insurance.

It was informative.

Joan

Kimba1268
on 6/4/09 1:47 am
I was told there would be a plastic surgeon there also on June 16th. ( I believe is the next meeting).
NeedhamGal
on 6/4/09 10:44 am - MA

It was a joint rny/band special meeting with the guest speaker.
If you  need Seri's number/email let me know and she can let you know if there is another PS scheduled to speak.

Joan

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views