Many thanks to Jayne!!

ATHiker
on 5/31/09 10:08 am - North Shore, MA
I wanted to write a public "Thank You!!" to the very fabulous, very sweet Jayne, our hostess today at the Littleton gathering.  Thank you for opening your home to all of us and encouraging personal connections in our WLS community.   

It was awesome to put faces (and cute post-op figures) to names/avatars.  I had the pleasure of meeting so many great ladies today and hearing their stories in person.  The food was fabulous, as was the company.  And surprise, surprise...DH even had fun!!  (I told him he would)

Anyway, those that missed it this year should definitely think about coming next year if Jayne is up to the challenge!!

Would there be any interest of getting together later this summer?  It would be fun to see how everyone is doing!!

Warmest thanks again,

Kim

Forever cheerful in the face of rueful odds.... 

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLSX0Lu/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wLSX0Lu/weight.png[/img] [/url]  
CATHERINE81
on 5/31/09 10:52 am - BROCKTON, MA

I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME TODAY AND GOT ALOT OF HELPFUL INFO.. QUESTION WHATS THE LINK TO THAT RECEIPE U BROUGHT,

Just Brooke
on 5/31/09 8:23 pm
I miss all the great things!! I have a sick kid at home.

But I'd love to try something again this summer if everyone else is up to it!

Kathy V.
on 5/31/09 9:37 pm - MA
I'm soooo glad everything went well.  I would of loved to have gone.  I had plans.  I would love to do something later in the summer. 

.....kathy   

Susan M.
on 5/31/09 10:39 pm - MA
Thank you Jayne for having us!
It was nice to meet everyone :)
ks4
on 5/31/09 10:41 pm - Fitchburg, MA

Many thanks to Jayne!  She's a wonderful hostess!  It was nice meeting some new faces.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

~Kendra

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/09 11:25 pm - Ashland, MA
Thanks again Jayne!  It was a great time to see old friends and make new ones! 

Thanks for ALL the great clothes Sue!  Now I have a summer wardrobe!  I will show you how they all look in pics!
brendastewart
on 6/1/09 12:03 am - Fitchburg, MA
I too would like to extend my Thanks to Jayne for being a wonderful hostess and inviting us all over to get to know each other.

It was great to see and meet everyone yesterday.

I would be up for getting together later in the summer too.

Thanks Again,
Brenda

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

Sue M.
on 6/1/09 5:17 am - Nantucket, MA
Thanks to everyone for coming out!  Naturally, thanks to Jayne for hosting our event and being an all-around giver - she gave me protein samples last year and is always so kind and sharing. 

Another get together the is summer would be great.  If anyone knows of a public area that is good for getting together, or has a home they'd like to open up, speak up!  We had a picnic at a state park in Rutland last year which was fun, and one in Waltham at my mom's house.  Not sure if I can pull off my mom's house again, but I'll look into it. 

i posted it elsewhere, but those protein snacks I brought were:

protein puffs - ChefJay
protein chips and pretzels - Kay's Naturals.

All are available though netrition.com and other fine google-able sites.

Also, thanks for the complements and congrats - I see you've all studied my profile.  For those of you who are behind me on this journey - you will have the same success.  Just stick with the winners - support groups and these message boards.  I honestly believe I gain my strength from posting and reading here every day.  I don't always make the best food choices, but I know that one bad choice is just that - it's not necessarily a start down the wrong path.  

Jayne, Linda, and Kendra - thank you for setting a great example for me, and cheering me along the way.  Yesterday's outing felt like graduation day - I'm no longer the naive little (er..big) pre-op, I'm a veteran!  Of course, there is much for me to learn.  Maintenance will be a whole new thing!

Anyway, it wonderful to meet and see you all!  I'm proud of all of you!

Sue

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
MrsMassInk
on 6/1/09 7:58 am - MA
Unfortunately, I was unable to attend, but I would love to be included in future get togethers.  Thanks.
Tina Marie

Be the change that you want to see in the world ~ Ghandi 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views