I guess I should have done this first

Lisa1483
on 5/27/09 4:40 am - Revere, MA
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I greatly appreciate it! What a ride and half this is, as the date gets closer. I'm shopping like a nut to make sure my house is exactly the way I want it for when I come home and the cabinets and refrigerator are stacked for what I need. Most of the things I am buying (for the house) I really don't even need and it's not like I even have the money for it all, gosh.

I had last supper syndrome like you wouldn't believe and then I got that under control and started my pre-op diet, I have lost 12 pounds so far but now I don't feel like eating anything at all. I do push myself to make sure I get my protein but it feels like a chore. Has anybody gone through the not wanting to eat?

This whole thing is freaking me out because I am so level headed and I feel like I am out of control. Heaven help me! LOL
chippiepfeifer
on 6/16/09 9:49 am - amesbury, MA
Hi Lisa my name is Lisa to I used to live in Everett, so I know were abouts you are.  I feel the same way like you did before surgery I am preop and very nervous.  When was your surgery I do not have a date yet was the surgery that bad or not.  And another thing how did you lose 12lbs Thansk Lisa
Lisa1483
on 6/16/09 10:28 am - Revere, MA
Hi Lisa,

I had my surgery on June 3 and I was a bundle of nerves for no reason, everything went great. The pain wasn't anywhere near what I was expecting and I pretty much moved off the pain meds. The worst was the gas pain and having the runs. Every morning when I wake up I can see the weight melting off me.

I do find myself wanting real food, but I have my two-week check up on the 18th and will be able to move on to the puree.

I lost the 12 pounds by doing a shake in the morning and one in the afternoon. I would have a very well balanced dinner of 4oz of very lean meat, a veggie, and sweet potato or baked potato with nothing on it but butter buds, and salad, I always put in a salad with dinner. When I would get in the mood to have a snack I would have more salad, a sugar free Popsicle, yogurt, sugar free jello, or sugar free pudding.

I don't know how much I lost since surgery because I do not keep a scale in the house, but I will let you know on the 18th. You really have no reason to worry, I feel this was the best decision I made.

chippiepfeifer
on 6/16/09 11:27 am - amesbury, MA
Thank you Lisa, for your response I feel so much better would you mind if I kept intouch with you thank you so much for the diet also talk to you soon Lisa
Lisa1483
on 6/17/09 3:06 am - Revere, MA
Your very welcome and I don't mind at all if you want to keep in touch.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views