anyone else see Dr. Munn?

redheadcurlz
on 5/25/09 3:28 am - Weymouth, MA

Anyone see Dr Munn out of Faulkner or Brighamn and Women's?  I had surgery with him this past March.  A friend of mine that is close to the end of her process for gastric bypass had her appt scheduled with him for next week and his office called her last Fri to cancel and told her he was no longer practicing.  I tired to call today, but due to the holiday his office is closed.  Anyone else hear of this and know why he is leaving or where he is going?

Red

antonietta23
on 5/25/09 3:39 am - Holbrook, MA
He is the doctor that lost his daughter I believe.  I would think he may need time off to cope. Just a thought. I do not know but that is what I would assume
redheadcurlz
on 5/25/09 4:42 am - Weymouth, MA
Yes you are right.. he did lose his daughter tragically back in January I believe it was.  I had my surgery with him in March.. I just heard that someone thinks he maybe relocating.  So I will just wait to call his office tomorrow to find out more info. 
  Red

Valerieb09
on 5/25/09 10:45 am - Seacoast, NH
I read on one of the other boards that he is closing his office and going back to California. He is an associate of my doctor, Dr. Lautz at the Brigham.

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/09 10:57 pm - Ashland, MA
I feel horrible to Dr. Munn.  To have lost his daughter so young and in such a tragic and public way is unspeakable.  i hope he finds peace in whatever he does....

BUT good luck to you in transitioning to a new surgeon.  I hope all goes smoothly. 
dhamil02119
on 8/5/09 11:57 pm - dorchester, MA
DR Mun Has moved to California due to the death of his daughter.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views