Hi All..new here

shygurl87
on 5/22/09 6:14 am - Fall River, MA
Hi...

Im new to this process but already I'm seeing how fast it's moving... just this monday I had an appt with the nutritionist at St.Luke's in New Bedford. I just got a call today to see the the psychologist. I'm wondering if anyone has gone thru this process or is going thru this process right now at Tobey Hospital and what experiences/tips you can share with me.

Thanks
Jess
ejjy
on 5/22/09 6:44 am - Watertown, MA
Just wanted to say welcome!

i'm not at St Lukes, i'm going to Lahey.  But i am at a smiilar point in my process, just maybe the next step along.  I have my 2nd appt with my NUT next Friday, met with the team last month.  I met my surgeon yesterday.  I haven't got a date scheduled or the insurance approval.  All I can say is keep posting, ask a lot of questions : ).  Which surgery are you considering, or do you know?
shygurl87
on 5/22/09 9:26 am - Fall River, MA
I want the RNY
aidansmom2001
on 5/24/09 10:25 am
Hi.  I have been going through the process for a lap band with a hopeful date some time in July.  Everyone at Tobey and Wareham Surgical have been great.  I have started trying to get used to the protein shakes now so that I can know what I like and dislike before I really have to use it.  There is a great place to buy nutritional supplements in Dartmouth, Faunce Corner Nutrition.  They have an area just for bariatric patients.  Please keep in touch during your journey.  I really believe it is the support we receive from everyone that will make us successful. 

Lisa1483
on 5/24/09 1:04 pm - Revere, MA
Hi,

I am new here myself and I may have gotten more support if I had done and intro.  I'm Lisa and my surgery is 6-3-09.

Best of luck to you!
Redsoxgirl36
on 5/25/09 9:56 am
Hi my name is Lori I am going through Wareham Surgical Associates Dr.Kruger is my surgeon and I will have my surgery at Tobey Hospital everyone has been great so far. I started my journey in December 08 I have Tufts Health Insurance so it is a long process for me. I have done all of my nutrionist appointments already and have my second pyscologist appointment  on Friday . I am hoping to do my educational classes in July and have my Surgery in August  I will have to wait see. Good Luck and keep posted....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views