North Shore Medical Center (Salem Hospital)

kmdoodle
on 5/23/09 2:20 am - Stoneham, MA
I am new and have decided to have the lap band surgery.  I was wondering if there are any people on here that had use NSMC and if so what doctor did you use.

Thanks!

Kathy
Susan M.
on 5/23/09 5:25 am - MA
Hi Kathy,

I had my surgery (gastric bypass) at NSMC. Dr Buckley did my surgery.  He is great! 
The program at the hospital is great also!
Let me know if you have questions!

Sue
ATHiker
on 5/23/09 3:13 pm - North Shore, MA
 Hi Kathy,

I am pre-op RNY at NSMC with Dr. Buckley as well and have enjoyed him thus far.  I was talking to the folks there last week and the new guy Dr. Benedetto is supposed to be awesome.  His whole practice will be entirely devoted to WLS.  Dr. Buckley said they all work together anyway, so there is always someone around with lots of experience.

The next support group meeting is on June 22nd.  You should plan on going and we could all hook up?

Good Luck,

Kim
 Forever cheerful in the face of rueful odds.... 

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLSX0Lu/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wLSX0Lu/weight.png[/img] [/url]  
kmdoodle
on 5/24/09 12:14 am - Stoneham, MA
Sue and Kim,

Thank you so much for your response.  I received my packet the other day and there is definitely a lot to comprehend.  When I opened the packet it became so real.  My PCP has been asking me to think about it and I did.  I had a 6 month check-up this past week and I told her I will have it done.  I trust my life with her and I know she wouldn't stir me wrong. 

I have my information session on the 11th and then everything begins from there I guess.

Thank you for information on the doctors.  Right now I want the Lap Band so I hope I am a candidate for that.

Thanks again ladies.

Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views