Support Groups

LisaBC86
on 5/18/09 7:12 am - Bridgewater, MA
I've been reading a lot of posts about support meetings - I have attended one yet - I am going with a friend who had her surgery about a year ago - on Thursday - but it's in Boston. Was wondering if anyone knows of any around the Bridgewater area and what are people's reactions to them - do you find them helpful ?

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Just Brooke
on 5/18/09 10:37 am
I love my support groups! I go through LGH and I don't know if they are for patients only or if they are open to anyone. But I go to almost every one of them ...the preop and postop groups!!! I go mainly to offer help and answer questions, and I like seeing the regulars. I definitely benefit from it. It's a good reminder that I'm doing the right things and headed in the right direction. I always feel so positive when I leave!

M M
on 5/18/09 11:19 pm
I wish I knew.

My group was also in Boston, could never make it.
(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 11:22 pm - Ashland, MA
MIne is on Natick at Leonard Morse.  Not Bridgewater but closer than Boston.  Stasi
tauntonredsox33
on 5/22/09 6:16 am - Taunton, MA
I've been attending the groups at Tufts in boston the last one was great met such amazing people I'm not sure if anyone can go or just tufts patients.  I'll find out and let you know.
I don't mind car pooling if anyone else in interested.  they are held 1 monday a month at 6.  I work till 5 in brockton and make it in plenty of time because I've been lucky to have no traffic... lol   
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Lisa1483
on 5/24/09 1:13 pm - Revere, MA
As time gets closer to my surgery I am having a whole lot of mixed emotions.  I live in Revere and I think I could really use a support group.  Does anybody know witch group is closer to be?
jentrvl19
on 6/2/09 5:01 am
There is a group in Medford. If you are interested I can send you the info. It is on a Thursday night the last week of the month
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views