had surgery Wednesday

kawkbw
on 5/15/09 11:11 pm - MA
I can't believe I had it!  I had it performed at Tufts by Dr.Shikora and his staff.  They we all great!  The whole nursing staff was wonderful too.  Now, I'm just trying to get my fluid in and my walking.  I'm pretty sore, but this shall pass.  Just looking forward to the results and feeling better
twinsdaddy
on 5/16/09 4:15 am - winthrop, MA
it gets better every day i had my bypass 6/10/08 and at almost 1 yr postop ive lost 144lbs and ive gotton my life with my 51/2 yr old twins back just keep saying NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS you will have a few bad days coming up but everyday you will learn to listen to your body and find out what you can have and what you cant ie. even now i cant eat reg. pasta best tip is get a blender and go out and buy triple whey protien at gnc then get freash fruit like strawberries,blueberries,banannas,melon etc. and make protien smmothies they taste great there not heavy so you wont get sick and youll get your protien good luck frank
jazzyone30
on 5/17/09 6:11 am
Hey CONGRATS....I too had my band surgery at TUFTTS with julie kim... i had a great experience there... :) congrats again on your new start of life...:) 

Kathy V.
on 5/18/09 10:40 pm - MA
Congrats....I had my RNY at Tufts w/ Dr Tarnoff.  Things have been great.  Always realize the bad days will pass, things will get better and you will soon be feeling wonderful.  Again CONGRATS 

.....kathy   

kawkbw
on 5/19/09 12:36 am - MA
thanks everyone!  I feel really good.  I am already down 15 pounds!  Trying to get my water, protien, and walking in.  Thanks again for all your support
dragonfly777
on 5/23/09 3:30 am, edited 5/24/09 11:23 pm
Glad to hear all went smoothly!

My RNY with Dr Shikora is June 1st.  I am anxious for it to be over. The hardbest part will be getting there so early as I am the first surgery of the day.

ejjy
on 5/25/09 3:42 am - Watertown, MA
welcome back, glad all went smoothly, and look forward to hearing more of your experiences now that you're home!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views