Got Approval from my Insurance!

RazzyRobyn
on 5/17/09 11:24 am - West Boylston, MA
To my surprise... I received a letter yesterday from Blue Cross! They say I am approved for my surgery with Dr. Kelly! However, I do not have an official surgery date until my iron count is up until the end of June. I hope my blood test in the end of June will clear me for surgery at the end of July!

Just wanted to keep my OH family in the loop!  :)

Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

jdr1208
on 5/18/09 12:27 am - Worcester, MA
robyn thats so exciting! ive been checking back to see if you had an approval or a date yet. how long did it take to get your approval? is it just me or do these classes seem like they were a year ago! i have my sleep study on the 29th, can this take any longer? i dont know what im looking at as far as a date but im being ridiculously hopeful and hoping june? wont happen.
RazzyRobyn
on 5/19/09 3:11 am - West Boylston, MA
Hi there... Yeah I have not been on much.. my life has been wicked crazy.  Anyway, I saw Dr. Kelly on April 30th and I received the insurance approval this past Sat. So, about 2 weeks it took for the almight insurance gods to approve my surgery. Now I just wait and take my iron supplements and pray my iron count is way up so surgery can happen this summer. I am also getting the Deprovera shot on Thursday with the hopes it eliminates my monthly cycles to help out my anemia.

I agree... those classes feel like ages ago... I sometimes think this is never going to happen, but I keep telling myself anything worth having does not come easily. :)  This journey so far has not been easy.

Good luck at your sleep study. The people there are really nice. I hate the wires but the bed was sooo comfy! Please keep me posted!

Robyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views