coming up on one year postop bypass 6/10/09

twinsdaddy
on 5/16/09 3:52 am - winthrop, MA
hi hows everyone doing? anyone getting ready have any questions? ive lost 144lbs since june
Lisa1483
on 5/19/09 10:37 am - Revere, MA
144 pounds, congratulations, that's AWESOME!  My surgery is June 3ed and my goal is to lose 130.  The thing that is bothering me the most is if I have that extra skin that is just hanging.  I am not so worried about my arms or chest but my lower belly I foresee having a problem with.  I have been hearing all that I can do about that is have a tummy tuck but I can’t afford it and I know my insurance will not cover it. Do you have a problem with the extra skin? If not, and you didn’t have a tummy tuck what did you do to prevent it? 
twinsdaddy
on 5/19/09 10:55 am - winthrop, MA
hi lisa first of all i must tell you that it is very differant for men than for women, i have no hanging skin at all. but its because im only 53 and have good elasticity to my skin also i work out at the gym every day but im told that women have a much harder time i dont know your age but the most important thing is to loose the wieght and you can always wear spandex to hold it all in once you feel better you wont care about hanging skin unless you want to be naked all the time and most people who have wls are not in that line of work any other questions id be happy to help frank
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views