Well i'm new here. . again LOL

redfraggle
on 5/14/09 1:56 am

I posted once as i began this process. . and here I am again!

My name is amanda, 29.. i live in the lowell, MA area and am in the process to have RNY surgery :)

I'm scared to death and thrilled all at the same time.  I've always been fat.

seriously. always.

I have to get my act together - i've already completed the 6 month I can change program via Tufts Health Plan

but I have a bunch of other appointments and stuff . . .

I guess i'm just scared and i'm probably not making sense :) but i wanted to say hi :) and hopefully get to know you all on this journey!

jdr1208
on 5/14/09 2:05 am - Worcester, MA
welcome amanda! good luck on your journey!
Just Brooke
on 5/14/09 2:20 am
Welcome! 

Which hospital are you going through?

redfraggle
on 5/14/09 3:42 am
I am having my surgery at Winchester Hospital
Kathy V.
on 5/14/09 11:35 am - MA
  Welcome.  Enjoy the journey.  The rewards are wonderful...

.....kathy   

twinsdaddy
on 5/16/09 4:19 am - winthrop, MA
the only thing to be afraid of is missing any of those appointments all of a suddan you will be me i was there but i had my rny surgey on 6/10/08 im almost a year out and have lost 144lbs and can run & play with my five yr old twins . reading your post i could not help remmembering hey "that was me" just do it!! AND KEEP SAYING  "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS" good luck frank
ejjy
on 5/17/09 4:05 am - Watertown, MA
Hi!!!!  i'm at a similar point to you - and just a stone's throw south - watertown MA.  I'm going to Lahey.  I meet my surgeon for the first time this Thursday (5/21) and then hopefully submit to insurance and schedule surgery.  Good to have another neighbor at the site and welcome!
malonsonm
on 5/19/09 10:23 pm
Hey,
I had my surgery at Winchester 9 1/2 weeks ago and coulnt be happier. Awesome doctor, awesome nurses and now im feeling good and down 35 pounds so far....it is totally worth all the hassle of the appointments and such. Good luck

Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views