One Year Surgery Anniversary Today!!!

jayner
on 5/14/09 12:15 am - Littleton, MA

What a year it has been. I had my year checkup yesterday with the nurse practioner. She went over all my co-morbidities - diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, hip pain - they are all gone! Instead I feel great, I have more energy, I don't sweat, my feet don't hurt. No more crashing from my diabetes. If I lost no weight at all, this surgery would be successful from the no more diabetes aspect alone.

I weighed 285 two years ago. I weighed 275 when I first saw my surgeon and lost 28 pounds prior to surgery. My total weight loss has been 114 pounds. I have not lost any weight since Novemeber, but I am very happy where I am. I am comfortable with my body. I like how I look in clothes. My weight fluctuates up a couple of pounds and down the same couple of pounds. My skin is a bit saggy - especially my upper arms and my legs. If I were younger (I am 58), I might consider plastics. I think I'm okay with the sagginess for now.

I wish you all the success that I have had. I am happy to join those who have gone before me. You guys were such an inspiration.

Jayne

Discovery02466
on 5/14/09 2:13 am - Newton, MA
Happy Surgiversary Jayne!  Way to go!

~Jenn

Just Brooke
on 5/14/09 2:24 am
Congrats!! One of these days I'll see you at a post-op appt or maybe I have and just didn't know it LOL!!! We both have the same doctor any way.

This coming Tuesday is a post-op appt and they are starting a chilli contest at 5:30 ..should be fun.

My Surgiversary was back on May 5th, and like you, I haven't lost since December. So don't feel too discouraged. I have met my goal so if I don't lose anymore it's all good.

You look great. Keep it up! 

CATHERINE81
on 5/14/09 2:32 am - BROCKTON, MA
hey jayne

CONGRATS im so proud of u, i am having my gastric bypass monday and im siked and scared  at the same time
brendastewart
on 5/14/09 5:33 am - Fitchburg, MA
Hey Jayne,

CONGRATULATIONS on the surgiversary and a FABULOUS year.  What a ride I'm sure it has been.

Thanks for sharing,
Brenda

Highest Weight   253.2  /  SW 230 /  CW 153.6  /  Goal  150  /  Height 5'  5 1/2"
Surgery Date:  February 9, 2009

nicunicu2002
on 5/14/09 6:41 am - Sharon, MA
Jayne...

Congrats on the incredible success...cant wait to be where you are in a few more months down the line!!

You are quite the success story and an inspiration to all of us.

kim

Susan M.
on 5/15/09 11:02 am - MA
Congrats on our surgiversary :)
purplefans
on 5/15/09 11:58 am - MA
Congratulations!

twinsdaddy
on 5/16/09 4:25 am - winthrop, MA
good for you!! im almost with you my bypass was 6/10/08 ive lost 144lbs i was 324 and could not play with my kids and had all the same co morbities now there all gone and i run and play everyday i joined a gym about 4 months ago (im 54 ) and the sagging skin is tighteing up try it not long, just 1/2 hr every other day it works good luck BE A BIG LOOSER
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views