Three days out, and thanks!

MaeFB
on 5/9/09 9:43 pm - Townsend, MA

So, I'm back home and feeling pretty good. (Surgery was Thursday) I had a mostly uneventful stay at the hospital, and the only complication had nothing to do with surgery. My only complication was the IV being too thick for my little veins and infiltrating on Friday morning. So since I just had stomach surgery, but the worst pain was only a really awful IV experience, I'm feeling pretty darn good.

I wanted to thank Stacy S. and Bubear for wishing me well, since I'm not very active on this site it means a lot that someone thought to wish me well.

I'll probably post all of the gory details on my profile or blog. And when my friend develops the 'before' pictures of me, I'll post them.

Thanks everyone!

My journey is well under way, asnd I wish you all well with yours.

~MaeMae~

MaeFB
on 5/9/09 9:44 pm - Townsend, MA
Oh, sorry, I just checked my private messages and I'd also like to thanks aalidiane for wishing me well also! Sorry for missing you, heeheeh.

ejjy
on 5/11/09 12:24 pm - Watertown, MA
glad all is well, keep us posted!  i'm new and learning so i'd love to hear daily updates!
MaeFB
on 5/11/09 10:36 pm - Townsend, MA
I'm a baby about pain, so the slightest bit of soreness and I'm using a painkiller, but not the Dilaudid they gave me. (I'm tired of the narcotics!)

I'm using Tylenol Extra Strength Rapid Release Gels. They're slightly longer than the antacid I was prescribed, so I called Dr. Gazmuri's office to be sure they were okay, and they are. They work fast, and every bit of pain goes away.

I also slept on my back for the first time last night, I'd been sleeping sitting in the recliner. For whatever reason, sitting was more comfortable even in the hospital.

And congrats, ejjy, and welcome.

I dreamed about waffles last night... But I woke up and weighed myself, and I'm down again, so I think even IF I'm able to stomach waffles after the liquid diet, (unlikely) they won't be worth it.

~MaeMae~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views