Has Anybody Had "Last Supper Syndrome"?

Lisa1483
on 5/2/09 1:06 pm - Revere, MA
It never fails, every time I go on a diet I always want to eat everything in sight before I start. When I first started the Bariatrics program I got last supper syndrome really bad. My first appointment with the dietitian I told her about it and that day I abruptly stopped it. At my last weigh in, on Thursday, I lost 4 pounds and I also got my surgery date, which is June 3ed. Ever since I got my date I am back to having the last supper syndrome. I want to start the two week diet before the two weeks, just to get a jump start, but can’t seem to shake this wanting to eat everything in sight.    Has anybody gone through this and what can I do to stop it? 
celnik30
on 5/2/09 9:35 pm
Hi Lisa,
   Dont know the answer to your question, but it is a GREAT one and I am curious to know also! Sorry i cant help, but wanted you to know you areant alone!

“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
    Cel

Sue M.
on 5/3/09 2:01 am - Nantucket, MA
I had to do a 6 month program before I could get approval.  I worked hard at modifying my eating habits during those 6 months, but had some "bad" stuff along the way, as a way to say goodbye.  I savored every bite.  You eat a lot less when you really enjoy each and every bite.

My advice would be to eat well and healthy for the next few weeks, but take a bite of something less healthy that you love when its available.  I do this even now - post op.  

I went into this process planning for a life of moderation - I did not want to plan for "i'll never have XXXXX again" because that was too overwhelming for me - and not realistic for me.  Most things (especially sweets) don't taste the same to me, and one bite is usually enough.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
ejjy
on 5/6/09 7:25 am - Watertown, MA
*raises hand* i definitely am having increased hunger, not sure if it's related to mentally committing to surgery (which i still have to keep saying that *isn't scheduled yet*) or not.  but also i'm having a definite sense of "oh, i better eat one more time before i have the surgery, because i may never be able to eat it again" and really kind of planning to hit my favorite restaurants at least once.
nesschap
on 5/6/09 4:38 pm - MA
I am so glad I am not alone with this one! Actually I had brought it up in my regular therapy session (nothing to do with food)  I only  thought like that for the the first week after getting my surgery date!  But everything I ate was a full processed thought of "this is the last time" I will eat that!  There is even a really expensive cut of roast beef in my freezer that I kept thinking...I will never be able to eat that afterward, so make a decision either give it away or cook it!   Everywhere I read it says stringy chewy meat just does not go down well!  So that is a good way to decribe it Lisa,  like the last supper! 

AwesomeForever
on 5/7/09 4:59 am - Marlborough, MA
I never had the Last Supper Syndrome. I chose to write down what I ate. Even when I had a Reese's Peanut Butter cup that was left over from Halloween. We are talking 07's Halloween.

I was not showing this to others...just me. I definitely wanted to be losing when I saw my surgeon and not gaining. He is a doll but what if I gained?

Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views