robyn

jdr1208
on 4/30/09 5:12 am - Worcester, MA
im dying to know.... how did your surgeon appt go?????
RazzyRobyn
on 4/30/09 9:27 am - West Boylston, MA
Hi there!  Thanks for thinking of me. 

I met with the Nurse practioner for about an hour to discuss the risks associated with the surgery, medications, my medical history and such. Then I waited to meet with Dr. Kelly. Once Dr. Kelly came in he was very nice a easy to talk with. The downside here is my anemia. I am sooo anemic that they can't proceed with my surgery until my iron levels increase. I have been on supplements, but I am not close to where I need to be. So, I have to take supplements and go on Deprovera (birth control injection) to stop my monthly "cycle", since they think it's related to my anemia (without going into too much detail.).

So the very earliest my surgery will be is late July, if my anemia is gone by the end of June. If not, then I will have to get my iron levels up before I can have surgery.

I am disappointed but understand why it's important.  The staff was great there today.

On the positive side, I am down 22 pounds.  :)

Please keep me posted on you too!
Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

jdr1208
on 4/30/09 11:59 pm, edited 5/1/09 12:29 am - Worcester, MA
haha i was thinking all day about your appointment.
update on me, after a month of waiting for my dr to fax over that stupid letter saying i didnt need a sleep study, low and behold i just got a call from dr gitkind saying not good enough i need a sleep study, which annoys me a little bit because back in feb they said all they needed was a note from my pcp saying i was cleared and didnt need one. i dont mind having one but i wish i knew this 3 months ago. so i have to call them and schedule one and see what gitkind says from there. just got off the phone with them, i have a sleep eval on monday. she was originally saying july and i couldnt help it i just broke into tears at my desk on the phone. she got me in on monday.
im sorry you have a set back but i think anemia is something that is mild enough that its not that life threatening but its good they want to get it under control before surgery, because that could be life threatening. what kind of testing did they do? blood tests and stuff? ive read lots of people have to have ekg and stress tests before surgery. do you know if we have to do that?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views