had my intake apointment

loripro76
on 4/28/09 2:02 am - southbridge, MA
Hello, I had my first Appointment on my way to getting the surgery, i have my next 2 appointments set for may. What I was wondering is what people did to start losing before the surgery what worked? I have pcos I would like to start before seeing the nutritionist's. I know I have to lose some weight before surgery. any help would be great.

Lori
jayner
on 4/28/09 2:25 am - Littleton, MA
hi Lori,

The nutritionist at Emerson had me on an eating plan similar to the South Beach diet. It worked great. I lost 28 pounds prior to surgery. My surgeon said that by the time the diet got tough, the surgery would happen. The diet is basically protein and a few fruits and vegetables. This is a good time to find a protein shake that you like, though you may no longer like it after surgery.

good luck,

Jayne

Susan M.
on 4/28/09 9:36 am - MA
Hi Lori,

I have PCOS too and my nutritionist had me cut alot of starch and carbs from my diet.  For snacks, instead of graham crackers, I'd have fruit or raw vegetable.  I ate alot of protein.  Also, did not eat much bread. I'd have a pita pocket for lunch with turkey.  When I did cut the starch out of my diet, I lost weight. With me, I had insulin resistance, which made it hard to lose weight, actually impossible.  That is why when I ate starch and carbs, I did not lose weight.

Good luck :)
Sue
loripro76
on 4/28/09 9:41 am - southbridge, MA
I to have irs thats why its so hard to loose the weight even when I do diet i cant lose at times I gained 12lbs on weigh****chers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views