weekly walking/support group near Worcester

rainbowgayle
on 4/24/09 8:53 pm - Leicester, MA
Hello All,
Just a reminder that the walking/support group is Sunday at 6-8 pm. Please bring a friend the more the merrier! I would like to invite everyone to Join our weekly support group on Sunday evenings. We usually do one mile (24 laps) in the gym or exercise with the "walk off the pounds" DVD. Afterwards we go into a conference room where we sit and chat about how we are doing, our fears, what we are struggling with,and making friends with each other. I hope to see some new faces this Sunday ... along with Tara, Laura,Sarah & I (Gayle) place:
Nazareth Home for Boys
77 Mulberry St
Leicester,Ma
Gym ..look for yellow doors then steps with cranberry doors Please note: I will attach a balloon on the railing of the steps leading to the gym

directions: From Rt.9 (Main St. Leicester, take Manville St. 0.8 miles there will be a sign for the KNIGHTS of Columbus ,at the corner of Main St & Manville st. Entwhistles Garage is at that corner. ( Manville St becomes Mulberry St ) follow the road until you see the Nazareth Home large brick building. Entering from the first driveway look for "yellow" doors with six steps, straight ahead are the doors for the gym. the gym doors are cranberry colored and also have about six steps. (I usually have the door cracked open)

Peace,
Gayle (508) 615-7982
AwesomeForever
on 4/25/09 4:31 am - Marlborough, MA
You are good to do this. It is a great idea.
I am too far away and involved with grandchildren on Sundays.
  Linda
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/09 11:24 am - Ashland, MA
We will have to start another group closer to our area.  OH Walking groups everywhere!
rainbowgayle
on 4/25/09 12:47 pm - Leicester, MA
I sure hope that more people show up to this walking group. It's totally FREE to attend. even if you are unable to constantly do laps, some walkers will do a lap then sit one out, and so on. any questions please feel free to email: [email protected] or call my cell phone
peace,
Gayle
TeddyBear06
on 4/29/09 2:48 am - Worcester, MA

Do you do these every Sunday?  I am in Worcester, close to the Leicester line. 

Tammy

Tammy

rainbowgayle
on 4/29/09 1:01 pm - Leicester, MA
hello Tammy,
yes we meet EVERY Sunday,please join us if you are able. However on Mother's Day the group decided to not meet. we are a friendly bunch. Please look for balloons (not helium) attached to the railing of the gym
peace
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views