seriously?!?!?

jdr1208
on 4/17/09 4:42 am, edited 4/17/09 4:43 am - Worcester, MA
so for anyone who has read my previous message about my husband losing his job last week and therefore losing our insurance... well i have signed up for insurance through my work, we are getting bcbs blue care... anyone know of it?
anyway, im frustrated, because as soon as i realized everything was maybe hopefully in some way coming together (i finally told my family, i told my boss i was having surgery but i didnt know when and he was FINE with it!!!) i called to find out why i havent heard from them yet and they're like "oh your name was never submitted to the surgeon because you never followed up with us about your possible sleep apnea and heartburn." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? i saw my pcp two weeks ago. and she's been amazing and i love her and when i saw her i spoke her her in length about everything and she's like "i dont think you need a sleep study, and im glad your heartburn is better, i'll fax this to them right away" normally she does. but i guess not this time. umass says they never received ANYTHING! she said otherwise i would have already had an apt by then. so i called my pcp in hopes i could catch her early, she can fax it over and i can cross my fingers and hope to start again... so i called my pcp. shes on vacation!!!! wtf? seriously? i know its small fries but i feel like everywhere i turn theres a set back of one kind or another. ive been getting really depressed looking in the mirror thinking "this will never happen. ill never get there" ive been wii fit'ing like crazy and dropped another 7lbs. ive been trying to eat better but its days like today i want to call my husband and tell him while he's at the store buying milk pick up a gallon of rocky road too.
rockysmom
on 4/18/09 9:14 am - Dartmouth, MA
I guess there is always some setback -- I know how frustrating the wait is.  It WILL all come together eventually.  Try to relax and deal with one thing at a time -- resolve each problem as it comes up and you'll get there!  Instead of icecream, try FAGE plain 0% Yogurt mixed with Dole frozen cherries and Splenda.  You can throw in some semi sweet chocolate chips --  taste just like ice cream to me!
Congrats on dropping 7 more pounds --  you're doing great!
NeedhamGal
on 4/19/09 10:30 pm - MA
sorry for your set backs...here is my suggestion. With your health insurance...sign up for online services. then you can sign in and see what is submitted for authorization. You can see if items are approved, rejected or pended.   Sometimes it takes overnight for the items to post. WHen I was waiting for my approval, I checked the website daily. I almost thought the website was going to shut me down thinknig I was a hacker! Ha ha...but ..from a take control issue...it keeps you in the loop of the documentation. If something doesn't show up, call the insurer to see if it is there, if not..call back the doc. Cuts down the wait.

I'll pray the rest goes smooth for you.

Joan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views