what do I take with me?

Magyargal
on 4/12/09 2:15 pm
To add to that list.

Several pairs of Panties!! No one every mentions them. 

A couple of comfy soft bras

I will also bring my weight lose surgery books

A deck of cards

I have to ask surgeon about bringing any of my Meds.   

I'm going to be in the hospital closer to a week I was told by a nurse from BC/BS. Maybe 5-6 days.. She also told me that if my surgeon  wants me to stay longer It would be no problem. I hope the Nurse is wrong! I was hoping to be out fast! She is going to be following my progress after I have my surgery. I was told I have an acute case. I am having open RNY. 
    I start my 2 week Liquid April 13Th Monday.. That is today!!  I made sure to stock up on everything I'm allowed to have.  I want to follow it to a T!!  Alizka 

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Just Brooke
on 4/13/09 4:26 am
I didn't bring much! 

I did bring mouth wash though. The first day I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything but I was allowed to wash my mouth out with mouth wa**** was great because I had some major cotton mouth! 

Chapstick helps for that too.

The next day I did change into my clothes after I showered. I was tired of the gowns and I was ready to walk those hospital floors in full swing haha!! As someone else mentioned - extra undies are a must!! Comfy pants with a not so tight elastic waist are great! 

...and of course any other toiletries you'd take if you were going on vacation! 

SilentlyWeeping623
on 4/13/09 5:21 am - MA
They let you shower after the first day?  WOW, I dunno why but that surprises me.

Did you have drains or a catheter or anything funky to watch out for?

Sorry to be so graphic

Thanks!!!

SW
Silently Weeping
242/226/145/140
Dr Sunny Shah -Tufts NEMC Boston MA
RNY ~Surg Date 4/27/09

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary