Anyone have revision surgery at Beth Israel?

Rose A.
on 3/31/09 3:13 am - Methuen, MA
Seriously thinking of coverting from lapband to RNY...going to see my surgeon Dr Daniel Jones next Wed...Just wondering if anyone had any experience to share?

306/261.5/233.5/180

Highest/Day of surgery/CURRENT/Goal
Revision from Lap Band to RNY on June 16, 2009!!
Rose
        Success is a journey....not a  destination.
Dream as if you will live forever......Live as if you will die today.....

Valerieb09
on 4/1/09 5:03 am - Seacoast, NH
Hi Rose,
I had a revision from the lapband to RNY last June.  I did not go to Beth Israel as my doctor is Dr. Lautz at the Brigham & Womens.  I just wanted to mention that I am very glad I had the revision done.
I remember you used to post on the lapband board a lot and I do remember you had issues with your band.  I did too.....I could never eat anything healthy at all.  I was kind of in denial for quite some time.  Then I developed acid reflux which I never had before.
Anyway I have done really well with my revision surgery and I can eat very normally.  I can eat anything, meat, salad, broccoli, chicken, anything.  I have lost 95 lbs. since I had my revision and hit onederland a couple weeks ago. I now wear a Misses size 16 from JC Penney and it is so easy to shop for clothes now.  I used to wear a size 26-28.
I wish you luck with whatever you decide.  There are a lot of revisions from lapband to RNY around.  Maybe post this on the Revision Board.

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views