Hello, long time away

Girl ..
on 3/28/09 1:16 am - MA
Hi everyone,

It has been an awfully long time since I have posted.  I decided to go back to school and work full-time, so I am pretty busy 24/7 now. 

I know I enjoyed reading posts from people at various points, pre-op, post-op, and 1 year, 2 year, 3 year out, etc.  So, here's the update, or the skinny as I can jokingly say:

I am about a year and a half out from RNY.  I am normal weight and I feel fantastic.  I work out, sometimes more than other times, but haven't gained any weight back in the times I don't work out religiously.  I can pretty much eat anything, meaning I don't dump per se.  I do feel funny if I have more than a few spoonfuls of high fat, high sugar ice cream.  My heart races, I feel slightly queasy and I get sleepy.  So, I don't really eat ice cream.  Candy, cake, cookies, etc. does not do that to me.  But, I only eat treats rarely and in moderation because I know I will regain my wieght and it will affect my nutrition.  I don't love how bread and pasta settles in my pouch, so I don't eat much of either. 

Eat right!  Protein first, veggies and fruits second, and nibble on the rest. 
Take your vitamins!  Keep them in a prepack and keep track of them.

I think I am very fortunate in that none of the "bad" side effects have happened to me.  I think I would have still had the surgery and been happy even if sugar and fat could never cross my lips.  The health and social benefits have been tremendous.  My quality of life is excellent and I don't feel hindered by my size at all!

So, best wishes to all of you...Your first month or two will be awkward and annoying, and the rest of the year will fly by...
Enjoy the changes..

And hey there to all of you that were posting a year or so ago when I was asking question, after question, after question...your support was invaluable!!  I hope you are all well!

Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

purplefans
on 3/28/09 2:23 pm - MA
Thank you for your information!

dholl5
on 4/15/09 6:18 am - MA
You look AWESOME girl.  I cannot thank you enough for starting me on my journey.  Like you, I feel absolutely wonderful.  I am no longer on my diabetes, cholesterol or blood pressure medicine!  The only regret I have is not doing it sooner.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views