Hair

Susan M.
on 3/27/09 12:08 pm - MA
ok so I know that afer surgery your hair falls out.  I knew this and expected it.
Now that my hair is really falling out...I'm annoyed!  I just hope I don't have to get a wig.
(trying not to overreact here ) hahha
when does it grow back?
Girl ..
on 3/28/09 1:01 am - MA
HI Susan,
I remember feeling the same way.  It didn't occur to me then that as my hair was falling out, there was also hair growing in.  If I didn't point it out to people, they did not notice.  I used hair product like rootlifter spray gel to add volume and it stopped after a month or two.  It really wasn't noticable to anyone,  but me. 
Good Luck!
Julie

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Lindsay J.
on 3/28/09 6:48 am - Hartford, CT
Hey Sue,
I anticipated this as well and asked my hair person, who is the person *****ferred me to my surgeon, and she recommended Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. She said it makes sure that if some hair does fall out that the hair folicle doesn't die and it adds volume to disguise thinning hair. It smells like peppermint and makes my hair really soft, so I am totally enjoying it. The only problem is that it's kind of expensive, so I would try getting it online. There's two main types, one for non-color-treated hair and one for color-treated hair. I use the gold cap kind (the other is black capped) for color-treated hair, which they refer to as "chemically enhanced hair." At their website, www.nioxin.com they can assess which of their products would work best, plus they have a lot of information about thinning hair, like the causes and how it happens, etc.
TTYL,
Lindsay
purplefans
on 3/28/09 2:18 pm - MA

for me it seemed like a 3 month cycle of hair loss, then it stopped.  whew!

kawkbw
on 3/29/09 3:06 am - MA
ok, i know a side effect of wls is some hair loss, but you guys are really freaking me out!!!  I'm reading some pople need a wig, they have bald patches, omg!!  I am getting pretty nervous about this. I mean, I don't want to have nothing left.  I really love my funky, multi color  dew
Susan M.
on 3/29/09 3:46 am - MA
Thanks all!
Luckily I have really thick hair...so hopefully it won't be noticeable to others. But I notice it and it annoys me.   I  had it trimmed yesterday and it looks fuller.

:)
purplefans
on 3/30/09 9:40 am - MA

My hair loss stopped at 6 months, and I don't have any problem - must have regrown.  I did get my hair cut shorter, now that I don't have a round face anymore!   What a change!   

Susan M.
on 3/30/09 9:59 am - MA
I had my hair trimmed this weekend....I notice at the top of my head it's is thinning.
ahhhh i'll be ok....:)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views