Dr. Hess /Dr. Birch / BMC????

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/09 11:31 am
Anyone have them or go to BMC????????????????
Kindness Only
on 3/26/09 1:49 pm
I am getting the lapband on 4/15 and Dr. Hess is my surgeon.  I really like him and his entire team, especially Nurse Tony! 
(deactivated member)
on 3/26/09 10:52 pm

Congrats!!! You have my previous surgery date!!! I was going to have it that day and changed it because of personal reasons....we could have been roomates! LOL oh well... Id still love to keep in touch... do you go to the support groups?

I love Tony too! What did you do for pre op weight loss?

Kindness Only
on 3/29/09 5:06 am
We should definitely stay in touch.  The last support group meeting I attented was in February, but I plan on attending them more regularly after banding.  For pre op weight loss, I am doing 2 protein shakes(CIB or EAS), 2 snacks(SF pudding or SB protein bar), and 1 meal(4oz chicken, 1/3 cup rice, 1 cup vegetables). 
What pre op diet are you on?  Have you finished your pre op testing and requirements?
route66hello
on 3/29/09 1:38 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12

I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Hess as a WLS Surgeon. I had my Gastric Bypass in August 2006. I did not care for the actual Boston Medical Center hospital being an in patient but I would do it again because of Dr. Hess. I love Tony as well!  Best of luck, Terri

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/09 8:53 am
Thanks for the encouragement... Yes I did do pre op diet all my tests were done in December... I was supposed to go in April but had severe deficiencies I needed to bring levels up thats why I am being bypassed in May :)
bigthighcutiepie
on 4/9/09 5:36 pm - MA
Wow what a coinky dinky my rny surgery is on May 13th with Dr Hess yayyy us! I just got cleared last Thurs by wendy and lolita!! Nice to meet u and I pray all goes well with ur surgery!! Keep me posted! Youll b able to tell me the day b4 my surgery what to expect

Bigthighcutiepie!!

SilentlyWeeping623
on 4/9/09 3:41 am - MA
Hey there,

I chose Tufts as my hospital/program, and Dr Shah as my surgeon.

However, Dr Hess and BMC were reccomended to me by my PCP and two of my new GBP buddies are Dr. Hess' patients. They RAVE about him and his bedside manner. I wish that he had more online information, as that is the only downfall I think to his practice.

I chose Tufts because they go into detail on their website about their program and they are a COE. I could not find almost any information about Dr. Hess online ****il I tripped over this website).

Good luck with your surgery, and I am certain you will be successful
Silently Weeping
242/226/145/140
Dr Sunny Shah -Tufts NEMC Boston MA
RNY ~Surg Date 4/27/09

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost