full liquid diet b4 surgery?

redheadcurlz
on 3/21/09 12:30 pm - Weymouth, MA
I am just wondering what your surgeons required prior to surgery? My surgery is just two days away.  Mine does have a pre-op suggested diet 2 wks b4 surgery it consists of alot of carn inst breakfast.. pudding, fruit, and a ight dinner of lean meats, but he told me i did not have to do the pre-op diet because i had already lost weight.  But now I am seeing alot of posts of people that are having surgery and are on full liquids 2 days prior to surgery and a colon cleanse.  My surgeon didnt have me do any of this.  The directions I got were to eat light the day before.. example: eggs and toast or ceral for breakfast. 3 oz tuna or turkey sandwich with 1/2 cup fruit.. snacks: sf pudding or jello and full liquids just for dinner.. soup and nothing after midnight... it just seems like alot to eat the day prior to surgery.  I think I am going to do the full liquid tomorrow.  
  Red

Just Brooke
on 3/22/09 2:12 am
I didn't have to do any diets before surgery. I had to drink 64 oz of clear gatorade mixed with a bottle of Miralax the day before to clean everything out! 

Lisa1483
on 6/20/09 5:03 am - Revere, MA
I was told to loose as much weight as I could before hand and the day before to have my main meal for breakfast or lunch and a shake for dinner.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views